1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the girl next door [ unrated]

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by horsemen, Mar 2, 2005.

1. horsemen

horsemen Member

ok nothing went wrong but just a lil po at fox for how they did the dvd the main movie on side A and it has a few extras but the disk size is only 4.2 gigs and side B with the extras is allso only 4.3 gigs so why didnt they just make a side A so i could have backed it all up on one disk
    ......just a little venting at fox.....
    has anyone else seen disks with a side A and B and not be needed like this?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

just be thankful the film isnt split over both sides like the old flipper disks. just found out this morn that goodfellas which i copied but not watched yet, has crap and artifacts around the middle where the join would have been. And this is after using guide -> http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t222659.html

argh......

Rich

3. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You must be backing up to a dual-layer disc costing you $6 (when you can just buy a brand new one in the case for $10). By having the movie on one side and the extras on the other, it saved DVD Shrink one extra step. So what commoners like me who use single-layer discs have to spend an extra 30 cents for another disc for the extras, but there's no compression needed. ;)