1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by BurningAs, Mar 30, 2007.

1. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

Hi,
    wanted to start this to discuss everything about this upcoming hit. Hit i say because no doubt on release it's gonna hit some record. Halo was even strategically moved back to avoid the same release month.

anyway to start off i am very amazed at the graphics, note the trailer is all in game running on a next gen console, but they don't' know it it was on ps3 or 360.

The biggest surprise and relief at the same time is the setting- Liberty City/NYC. i am so glad this next title will be back to Liberty and espcally on that is modeled off of NYC with out hiding it. A lot of people thought it was gonna get London,UK but man i just thought- how boring?! No offense but the NYC setting kick London's butt. I'm also glad it's not in Paris. i want this to have a modern 21st century city feel and centuries old Paris and London just doesn't cut it.

And i hope there will be even more interactiveness than Saints Row or GTA:SA. I want to be able to go in andthing i see and interact to have a true urban crime game, which GTA started the genre. What can i say, after see that trailer SAints row just doesnt cut it anymore. lol

Next: well i'm very glad it's in Liberty.

Thanks

continue

2. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I haven't seen the trailer yet. Who is the main character now? I hope it's the one from GTA3 personally.

3. silver112

silver112 Regular member

the main charicter is a immigrant

and i think the game should be in chicago because its lots of amazing stuff down here. this marks the third time they have use that setting.

and what the hell do you call machine in that picture you have BurningAs

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i think its going to be awesome, and im not sure, but i think it some sort of server for a tv network.???

5. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

lol it's a 7000$ home theatre receiver.

yeah Chicago would be my next choice for the setting. and the immagrant guy is probabaly for Russian descent.

6. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I think Chicago would have been good but New York probablly would have been my 2nd pick followed by Miami.

Off Topic: I'm surprised nobody knew what that was in your sig. Let me guess, is it Denon or Yamaha.

7. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

i hope they include all 5 broughs of NY- this game has got to be bigger than GTA SA, which is alrready huge. i'm a bit worried about the DVD9's 8.5GB. wat u think?
    and alsy Vice City is Miami. but not like how Liberty is EXACTLY like NYC in this game. NYC was protaited in GTAIII.

yes it's a Denon AVR-5805CI. redick receiever

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  8. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I think GTA4 will have to be multiple disk for the 360 version, and then of course the PS3 will be one Blu-Ray disk. GTA3 was only around 700 mb though, and Vice City was just a little over a gig so who knows.

9. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

mutiple disc? that s avery bad idea for this kind of a game, everytime you go into some territory you will have to switch discs?

dont think they are gonna do that.

10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

vice city for xbox was bigger than 1 gig, when i copied it to my console when i had my modded xbox it was like 2.5 gigs or so...

and 2 discs will kill this game, if it doesnt fit on one disc we dont need it.

11. coolGray

coolGray Regular member

why not set it in my home town of atlanta?

12. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

NYC is more 'badass' if you will, than Atlanta.

and also read this: http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/local_story_090175025.html

"(CBS/AP) NEW YORK The latest version of the popular, murder-your-way-to-victory video game "Grand Theft Auto" unleashes its violence in a city with an uncanny resemblance to New York -- and city officials are upset.

"The mayor does not support any video game where you earn points for injuring or killing police officers," said Jason Post, a spokesman for Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

In previous versions of the game, players killed both police officers and prostitutes.

Trailers of the latest game, released Thurday on the Internet, show the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge and Coney Island's Cyclone, while a voice is heard saying: "Life is complicated. I killed people, smuggled people, sold people. Perhaps here, things will be different."

Political leaders say New York and Grand Theft Auto IV have little in common beyond visuals.

New York is the nation's safest big city, according to crime statistics that show a 58 percent drop in auto thefts since Bloomberg took office in 2002. The city's murder rate is down by 28 so far this year, compared to last year.

"It's despicable to glamorize violence in games like these, regardless of how far-fetched the setting may be," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly told reporters Friday.

The game will hit stores in October.

(© 2007 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report. )"

13. schweet

schweet Guest

It will be the game of the year. F*ck Halo 3.

14. silver112

silver112 Regular member

to me the basic stuff you do in GTA is getting repettive i hope they bring something new creative and fun to GTA4.....like being able to steal an old lady cane and kill someone with it that would be funny

im still trippin on that picture you have burningAs
    what person would need that many outputs and inputs that sh** is crazy

15. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I'm in Atlanta too. That's 3 of us counting PS2menace. NYC make for a better GTA setting (no beaches here), but I loved racing through the ATL streets in Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition. R* did a very good with making the city in that game.

16. steimy

steimy Active member

the next GTA should surely be a huge hit, and of course the politicians will have to stick their nose where it doesn't belong and complain about it. Tuff S**T people, If you don't like it then don't play it. If you are worried about your kids then be a real parent and do not buy it for them as it will be rated mature and they can not buy it themselves. Now that i got that rant out of the way.....

Each game in the series has gotten progressively better so i have no doubt that the newest version will blow people away. GTA III i loved even if it was older with less extra content. Vice city added a few things and took it that much further. San Andreas although it was good with a lot more to do then the first two just lost me a bit. I guess i am a purist who thinks that they should have stuck to the original story line with the whole mobster thing. But all in all it was still a lot of fun. Liberty City Stores and Vice City Stories were alright. Pretty much just a step backwards but still fun to play and gave true GTA fans something to hole them over.
    But seeing that they will have twice the disc space on the next gen consoles, plus better all around system, this next one should be the best of the bunch. Looking forward to seeing what they can add, better detail in the game, and hopefully a ton of interaction with the environment. I think this and Forza 2 are at the top of my most wanted list.

and for the record i would have liked to have seen one set in Philly instead of a city that has already been used.

Not really a huge Halo fan so that one i do not care a lot about. But i would LOVE to see a new Half-Life on the next gen consoles.

17. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Only PS3 would have 2x the disc space. DVD-9 games were around last gen.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  18. steimy

steimy Active member

from what i remember, all the GTA games were DVD5. Not that the size of a 360 game is a real judge since a lot of them are not nearly as big as they seem. There is a lot of filler on them which is why some can be ripped down to DVD5. I just want to see one that is about 6GB or more. That would really be an awsome game.

19. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

20. zero129

zero129 Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007