1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE GRUDGE!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by copyguy, Jan 30, 2005.

1. copyguy

copyguy Member

I can't copy it! Anyone else having any problems?!

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

I'll get mine on Tuesday.
    I would guess that Decryptor and Shrink will do the trick for Movie only.
    If you are trying for full disk backup check the unreferenced material and insert still images for those files and it should work.

What programs are you using?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  3. copyguy

copyguy Member

i'm using dvd shrink. it says something about a copy protection error or something..i have no idea what to do :(

4. J_man

J_man Regular member

Try using Dvd Decryptor to rip the dvd to the hard drive.
    Insert dvd in to drive then, open decryptor and select mode,then file.
    it should highlight all files in the right hand window,then just click button on the bottom with the picture of dvd and hard drive.
    This will create a video_ts file for the movie.
    once completed open dvd shrink and select open file button and navigate to the video_ts folder you just created ,shrink will analyse file in about 2minutes or less. then select either full back up or reauther for movie only.
    Then repost results

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  5. ktowncopy

ktowncopy Guest

use DVD Decrypter to rip to your hard drive, edit and burn with Shrink, works fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JDiett

JDiett Guest

I can't copy The Grudge either with DVDClone2 2.7.1.1 and AnyDVD 4.5.6.2 I appear to have the newest versions with the exception of a beta AnyDVD. This beta version does not suggest it has been enhanced to fix this problem. Any suggestions?? Don't really like using DVDDecrypter and Shrink.

7. blimpe

blimpe Guest

JDiet what is the error you get when you try to copy, more info needed.

8. JDiett

JDiett Guest

D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_08_3.VOB: invalid file size (0SUtill0(WString))

9. guyinohio

guyinohio Member

I backed up the movie with anydvd 4.5.6.2 and dvd shrink i had no problem at all it removed like 5 protections.

10. tissy

tissy Member

I am really new to all of this, but I have no idea how to burn the dvd, I used the dvd shrink. How do I burn it?

11. gcd04

gcd04 Member

OK,I'm also having problems backing up The Grudge.

I use DVD Shrink,and when I first open the disc it's fine.It gets to where it's at 24% analysing and a message appears that says "Failed to read the file" Data Error(Cylic Redundancy check)

I've backed up plenty of movies with Shrink and never had any problems,has anyone else seen this message?

12. mobnole

mobnole Member

I successfully backed up the Grudge by using the current version of AnyDVD with Shrink. Then I burned it with Nero. ZERO PROBLEMS. AnyDVD removed the bad sectors that were on the dvd.

13. Krpano

Krpano Member

I managed to backup this movie...and i must say it was a hell, just like The Forgotten...new SONY movies has this badass protection.
    I managed to rip with ONLY DVDDecrypter in ISO mode(file mode didnt work) then i had to re-author the DVD to be able to shrink, otherwise DVDShrink didnt want to open the files with stupid erros.

From now on, ill not buy their movies anymore.
    Ill rent and rip, ffs i have no right to backup the movies i buy ?
    And if one get scratched ?...

14. punx777

punx777 Regular member

you realise your talking about piracy?

havnt any of you people tried using the new decryptor? weve been emphisising this for all the movies, there is no movie(to my knowlege) that the latest decryptor cant rip. once you rip it, just open dvd shrink, go to file, and Open Disk Image. ITS ALL FREE! stop paying for whats free!

15. blimpe

blimpe Guest

I made a perfect backup no problem Anydvd and Shrink.

16. gcd04

gcd04 Member

Thanks punx777,I was able to successfully back it up by using Decrypter and then using DVD Shrink.

17. thebext

thebext Member

Yes, I am having a problem also! I'm using DVDXCopy Xpress....2 different versions.....on 3 different machines....with 4 different burners! I also had a problem with The Forgotten (both movies have the same flash animation menu, and I think they might be from the same movie company). Any clues??...Anybody???

18. polkaudio

polkaudio Member

run the newest version of anydvd (free trial available at slysoft.com) in the backround and your x copy will back up the movie, all sony/columbia tri star new releases have this type of copy protection , you need any dvd to make xcopy work on this type of protection , there are detailed instructions in the "forgotten " thread.

peace

19. J_man

J_man Regular member

Tuesday finally arrived and I got The Grudge.

Backup was no problem.
    Used DVD Decrypter (new version) to back up to hard drive in file mode.( decrypter will say removing css protection in the first 5 seconds)
    Opened Viedo_ts folder with DVD Shrink and let shrink do it's first analysis and un ticked french and subtitles and selected full back-up.
    Set target device as create Iso file and burn with decryptor.
    Thats it.

Jdiett, you said " Any suggestions?? Don't really like using DVDDecrypter and Shrink. "

My suggestion is to use them they work !!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  20. source

source Member

There is absolutely no reason to continue this thread. The reason you're having trouble copying DVDs including The Grudge, The Forgotten and a number of others...is because the studios are now messing with the dvd structure to make it harder to copy. Simply get the newest version of AnyDVD as suggested earlier in this thread. There is no reason to continue this thread. Read before posting.