1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the grudge

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jessey, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jessey

jessey Guest

hey, i have the movie the grudge on dvd(i work at a video store we get them early) and i cany copy it. i always read your threads to get info but i am stuck. i use anydvd and dvd shrink. it starts to encode it on dvd shrink, it goes through the previews and menues but the second the movie would start, itgoes black and stops. what should i do.
    thanks

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

jess,

This is what is referred to as double-posting.

Asking the same question in several places in order to induce the maximum number of members to answer just your questions.

To continue violate our rules like this can quickly lead to you being banned.

You are warned ~

3. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

LMFAO- what's wrong with this picture?

way too much information...people like you shouldn't be copying dvds

i hope your boss sees your post =Þ

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I got "The Grudge" today and I can copy it too.

To attempt to track down the problem I tried to use the same proggys.

I'm running AnyDVD and DVD Shrink BUT I also added DVD Decrypter. I used DVDD to rip it in the "File" Mode and when I first began I encountered an error. When AnyDVD kicked in and I hit the F-5 key to refresh, everything ripped straight away. After ripping in the File Mode I ripped it again in the ISO Mode and again everything went swimmingly. At this point I was stunned. . What was going wrong ?

I downloaded the newest Firmware, installed a fresh ASPI layer and reinstalled both drives. Still, everything ripped perfectly. I then picked up the ISO image (because the ISO copies everything just as it was on the original) and DVD Shrink compressed it without a hitch. Was this a new, unknown encryption ? Perhaps it was something I overlooked ?

I then used DVDD to burn and again all went off without a hitch. Maybe I needed a different media ? I was using Verbatim DataLife PLUS, perhaps it was a bad bunch of discs ?

Can anyone help me out ? I've been doing this so long and I had a perfect backup - something was surely amiss.

Again, suggestions are welcome -

Pete

5. jerryd3

jerryd3 Guest

Pete....For what it's worth, I Have experienced many weird things with these new movies. Sometimes the black in the beginning of the movie has to be cropped out, sometimes you have to rip it twice with De-Cryptor, defrag the hard drive. I wonder if having anydvd and dvd43 running at the same time messes things up. It took several trys to backup Vanity Fair. Shrink kept seeing these strange green frames at several places in the movie. Finally, I erased alot of temporary ISO, VOB files and re-botted and it burned. I even got a complete burn with XCOPY Platinum but it didn't play correctly. I wonder if anyone else has had similar problems.

6. marlonmac

marlonmac Member

7. cqljohn

cqljohn Member

I didn't have any prob's burning, used AnyDVD 4.5.6.2, Shrink, and Nero. Burnt perfectly. I did notice that AnyDVD did find Sector Error's, but it fixed them. With this combo I've backed up about 30 DVD's.

8. jessey

jessey Guest

T-TRAXXX,
    I DON'T SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH MAKEIN A BACK UP OF DVD'S DON'T SELL THEM OR ANYTHING, SO I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU SAY PEOPLE LIKE ME SHOULDN'T COPY THEM.

9. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

K Chill with the caps, nobody likes yelling. Now I'm no saint on this matter, but from a legal standpoint it is illegal to make a copy of a movie. Any copies. Whether you own the original or not. On the flip side of the coin, as long as you are doing it for yourself and not trying to make money off it, I say go for it. We all know the law is very vague and desperately needs to be clarified. But until it is, the process of backing up for archival purposes is still illegal.

The point TRAX was trying to make I believe is not to go advertising what you do to the world. What was the point of telling everyone that you work in a video store and you get movies early? It's unnecessary info. Just trying to save you some grief that's all. Cheers! :)