1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Invisible" mpeg movie....(on 2nd monitor)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mrlewp, Apr 18, 2005.

1. mrlewp

mrlewp Member

Really baffling. I have video card with S-video and composites for running TV along with PC monitor. I instead have a VCR hooked up, to composite outs. I can use "capture" mode in editing app. to verify that the VCR is getting the picture - my PC's screenview.
    Heres the odd problem;
    I want to record on VCR, an mpeg2-DVD compliant movie I made. I am able to record everything BUT the actual movie image. In a test run, I get the cursor movements , the visible portions of any application I use to run the mpeg (WMPlayer , ATI File Player) , and any wallpaper showing. That is everything records to the VCR, except !! the actual image of the movie, nor does the sound for that matter.
    Is there a setting I'm missing , ie. do I have to choose "composite" out and not S-video....being the case.?

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

From memory, you will need to make the other 'Screen' the primary screen to view a movie file on it. Im not sure as to why this happens, but that will fix your problem, unless somebody else can suggest something :)

CJC