1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the lack of good games rant

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by grkblood, Oct 11, 2007.

1. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

i have just come to the realization that although i hit up this board regularly i have actually played my wii in a while. The reason is because of a lack of good games. these are the wii games that I have gotten good play time out of and why...

Super Paper Mario because I felt I had to beat it.
    Mario Strikers because it is REALLY fun.
    Metroid because I felt I had to beat it.
    Resident Evil 4 because it was a kick ass game.
    Madden 08 because all my friends and I like Madden.

I don't actually think Super Paper Mario was that fun of a game. It was a LOT of reading and I got tired of it really quickly. Plus it was really easy.

Metroid was a decent game. the big problem I had with it was the energy cells. I ended up having to hit up tutorials in order to find the last energy cell to get all 9 even though you only need 5. Also the last boss. I actually quit playing because I lost to him twice and didn't want to put up with the 30 minutes to almost beat him again. Still a decent game though, don't get me wrong.

So actually the only games I have gotten replay value out of is Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Strikers, and Madden 08.

I really like the Wii but the lack of good games is killing me. I find my self sitting around waiting for Brawl to drop so I can pick back up the Wiimote.

This is not meant to be a flame on the Wii. I'm just voicing my opinion as a Wii owner. I'd like to know how much play value people are getting out of their Wiis, what people really want to see from Nintendo, where you see the Wii going, is Nintendo doing enough to bring a variety of games and what they need to focus on, etc.