1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the mask

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by blueiice2, Dec 6, 2004.

1. blueiice2

blueiice2 Member

Anyone here make a copy of the mask, for some reason i can't copy the movie, its the only 1 i have had trouble with, i tried 3 more copies same exact problem

2. csnord

csnord Guest

I ran into the same problem. I tried copying the flipper version of The Mask using both CloneDVD and Nero, but was unable to do so because of an error having to do with the IFO files. When I checked the contents of the disk, I discovered that the manufacturers did not produce a DVD compliant disk: There were IFOs for VIDEO_TS and VTS_01_0, but not for any of the other four VOBs.

Some genius will probably use ifoEdit to create the required IFOs and burn a compliant disk. But I'm lazy. I figured that since the thing actually plays in the DVD player, then all I need to do is just burn the files that are on the disk.

You can't do that with CloneDVD. But you can do it with Nero. All you have to do is burn all the files as data files, rather than video. It'll still nag you that you are creating a non-DVD-compliant disk -- just ignore the nag and burn the disk.

Cheers!