1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE MATIRX RELOADED PROBLEM !!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GlennT, Oct 10, 2003.

1. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, i just got the matrix reloaded, and i tried to make a backup of it, and i got a strange problem.

i used DVD decrypter in file mode, Maxwell DVD-R's, Roxio Easy CD Creater, in DVD Data Disc mode, and DVD2One.

I just made two directories AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS

THE SECOND DISC WORKED FINE and plays in my home dvd player.

but the first disc, which i used EXACTLY THE SAME METHOD for, did not work.........

it plays on my PC, but not on my HOME dvd player??

what have i done wrong.....cos i don't wanna have to sit at the pc everytime i wanna watch it.....i wanna watch it upstairs on my dvd player, with surround sound, etc.

when i out the first disc in my dvd player it just says disc error.

2. malum

malum Regular member

Why have you got two discs if you used DVD2one?
    Is it a two disc movie? It shouldn't be it's not that long.

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

The Second Disc id just special features.

That disc works perfect, but the main movie disc doesn't........should i just try doing it again......maybe i just got unlucky???

4. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Well, i just tried burning it again........................................................and it worked!!!!

i guess i just had a bad burn or something.

i know that my home dvd player doesn't read multi-sessions, so maybe my pc accidentally burned a bad session first or something????

anyways, i got it working now, so i 'll just keep the first copy as a PC ONLY backup :)

-x-x-x-

5. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Actually, i just watched it, and it's not PERFECT........it freezes up, and skips out certain parts, and blurrs parts of the film, etc.

but it DOES play perfect on my PC still??????

is it just bad media????

i have a Dansai DVD player........any advice???

thankx for any help

-x-x-x-

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Probably a media issue or your player is having trouble reading the outer circumference of the dvd......

I just backed up the movie using:

Dvd Decrypter - FILE mode - movie only
    Dvd2one - Variable compression/4440Mb
    Recordnow DX - to burn
    DVD-R, Ritek unbranded GO4 dye......

No problems, no skipping......

Have you reduced the overall filesize in Dvd2one?

I always set mine to 4440Mb, and OK.....

Maxell are supposed to be OK, but it is always worth trying some others, now that you have a suspect one, you can straight burn that to a different brand (without compressing etc) and check to see which works best....

I always use Ritek GO4 based media....

Unbranded for movies and Traxdata for PS2 games....

7. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Ok, so i can just do a 1:1 copy onto a different media, and it should work.

thanx for the help

-x-x-x-

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

BaaBaa - why do you use unbranded for movies and traxdata for games? I tend to use one media for all, that way i can be assured quality. I use Traxdata and Clone Disc without any real exception.

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Glenn T, yes 1:1 will work, there is no decryption needed as you just have a data disc, so disc disc should work....

Oriphus, I have a V4 PS2.....ALL games are generally OK on the unbranded Ritek GO4, however I have come across a couple that hop and skip during introductions etc....

Main one being Forumula 1 2003 and Lord Of The Rings, so I bought some Traxdata Ritek GO4 dye, just to trial........did disc to disc from backup to backup.......skipping gone...

Just to confirm this I then copied the Traxdata back to the unbranded........skipping returned.......

My PS2 obviously has a little niggle with the unbranded GO4's - thought it was down to the batch, but a different batch did not change.....

Funny really, cos they are both the same dye type, but with different results.......

May just be my PS2, as I replaced my laser and recalibrated it, but everything works....

I think the balance of the Traxdata are a little more stable than the unbranded ones.....

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I certainly agree with the traxdata being the better disc, thats why i use them and the Clone Disc (indentical) for my movies for the best quality and performance.

11. revsitup

revsitup Member

Wow does different media DVD-R's make that much of a difference. I have been using CompUSA brand x1 speed, work GREAT. NO prob. Wait when they come out next year with the Dual DVD-R's, major bucks for those babies

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, media is the most common problem people have. High quality media is needed for high quality results.

13. revsitup

revsitup Member

so what is the better cd media out there

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im not sure about CD's, but in terms of DVD-R's, Pioneer are the best, but at £4 a pop, they are far to expensive for me. I personally use Ritek Premium discs, like clone disc (www.dvd-and-media.com) and Traxdata (www.blankdiscshop.co.uk)

15. revsitup

revsitup Member

Well i have to see if they make them out in the states at some of our stores like compusa

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You can get them in the states no proble. Your best bet will be to email info@conrexx.com and ask them for a reputable supplier in the US. They are the distributors of Ritek and Traxdata (Ritek premium disc) in Europe and im sure they could direct you to the best place. They have on their site a link for US official retailers, but currently it states that it is 'coming soon'.

You can check it again. on the www.conrexx.com website - top left says about conrexx. In that drop down list it gives an option of conrexx official distributors. Have a look through it.

17. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

I had a similar problem, but it was the other way around. I ripped both discs with dvd decryptor. The movie rip compressed and burnt just fine. The movie disc was ripped in Movie only mode, the 950mb extras disc in full mode. I wanted to try to dvd2One the extras disc down to cd-r size (700mb). However, dvd2One refused to do it...sed I was missing some video_ts.ifo file. Shouldn't decryptor have included that in its rip? Do *extra's* discs need different handling than movie discs?

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

As long as there is a valid IFO file created, there shouldnt be a problem

19. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Dvd Decrypter will only pickup the VTS IFO, and not the video_ts.ifo.....unless you ask it to.....

Open Dvd Decrypter
    Click Mode
    Select FILE
    Then hit ctrl+a - this should highlight ALL files - rip then process..........