1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Matrix R1: .vob files play fine, .m2v skips..

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Pratticus, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Pratticus

Pratticus Guest

I just recently purchased a Sony DRU-500A writer. I am running Windows XP and have successfully used DVD DeCrypter and IFOEdit to get The Matrix onto my HD and stripped it down to just the movie. (I now have .vob, .bup and .ifo files totalling about 5.09 Gb from 7.38 Gb)

Playing the stripped .ifo and .vob files in PowerDVD or WinDVD yields excellent results .. no skipping, perfect picture, excellent sound and just the parts I want. (Yay me!)

When I try to use ReMPEG2 to transcode it, it successfully completes with the exception that in some "high-action" parts of the .m2v file the movie skips 3 or 4 times. (For example, when Morpheus fights Neo or the opening scene with Trinity whacking the cops.)

Can someone enlighten me on what I may be doing wrong or what supplemental tools I should be using either pre- or post- transcoding to removing the skipping frames?

Thanks in advance,
    Pratticus

2. framerman

framerman Regular member

It's quite possible that ReMpeg isn't allocating enough bitrate to the high motion parts. I believe that ReMpeg also has a few more playback problems than TMPGEnc and CCE, although these are not free programs.

3. hundrakg

hundrakg Guest

hello there......
    is this the first movie that is strange???
    i am asking because i know that matrix have a known issue that skips frames exactly where u say,,,,but its strange that it plays perfect after ripp and not after rempeg2???????
    i am not really following u???
    do u mean playing it with power dvd or with a standalone dvd, after transcode...
    First of all,,,rempeg2 is not god to encode with,,ive had several movies with strange behavior,,,(get CCE 2.50),,second,,the matrix movie is one of a kind movie with hidden decrypted files(the white bunny),,and the movie did have several problems to play perfect with many stanalone DVD player...
    so dont worry about that movie,,,try another movie to transcode,,and u will see that this problems will not be there,,,trust me....
    i have matrix myself,,and i will transcode the movie soon,,,iand i will reply in the forum when ive tried it out,,,but i could tell u that i think i will get the same errors as u,,cause u described exactly the points where the movie contains this" white bunnys",,,
    bye for now....SEB..

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I have the exact szame problem with the exact same scenes and I use dvd2one I think that it is a problem with the matrix dvd (the original)

5. kbuegel

kbuegel Member

I have not tried copying the matrix yet, but my thought was that with transcoding, if you can, set it to a variable bit rate, with the peak bit rate very high (10K) and average bit rate at whatever you want for the length of movie you are working with, probably 4K to 6K. That should give the transcoder enough bandwidth to do its job.

6. joski

joski Guest

used dvdshrink and nero. movie plays fine on stand alone machines. white rabbit displays on playback though. explain white rabbit though.used xp, sony dw-u12a.