1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The MS28 drive is now banned.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bristolly, May 21, 2007.

1. Bristolly

Bristolly Member

The flashed Samsung MS28 drives seemed to be immune to bans - until now.

I've just got the usual 'This console has been banned for violating the Code of Conduct' or whatever the exact wording is come up, after quite a few days of playing both on and offline after the bans started. Just a heads up for people who think the MS28 is a way round this.

I'd just like to make it known that it seems pointless to me - after all, Microsoft will lose more money than it makes doing this. I spend a lot of money on Live, and now obviously, Microsoft is going to get nothing. My roommate too has a 360 with an MS28, and he's in the exact same boat as me.

2. Bristolly

Bristolly Member

Also, as an addition to this, it's completely unrelated to Crackdown/Halo - my brother's got owned a couple of days ago, and he's never played either game, original, backup, downloaded or otherwise.

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Nah they were never immune. My MS28 was banned on Banhammer day.

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

yeah couple of them were since first day. but a lot survived and they are still getting them its just taking longer.

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

they are actually gaining money you have no idea how many idiots especially all over the forums have "the best solution" to buy an elite as an "excuse" and use it for live with original games! I KNOW CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!

6. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

i had to buy ps3 for metal gear solid 4. so i will buy it anyway in holidays.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

what a 360?

8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I wonder why C4eva hasn't made a comment about this yet, perhaps theirs nothing they can do to help anymore. I mean you would think if they were coming up with a solution they'd maybe say stay off of Live until a new firmware, but clearly it's no way to stop Microsoft. By the way my MS28 hasn't been banned yet.

9. Memnock

Memnock Active member

He has made a comment. It's all in Spanish though. Google does an ok job of translating it. A new firmware is coming, but I'm still want to experiment with some of what he's said and try my hand at flashing a new 360 tomorrow with 5.3a.

http://www.foros360.com/foro/exclusiva-mun...va-vt15295.html

10. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Ok, I see something on xbox-scene.com, looks like they kinda know what technique Microsoft is using to detect consoles.

11. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

wow, from what im reading there may be hope for us after all. if your using a modded xbox, just play originals and wait for the new firmware. once you have the new firmware if what i read is correct all should be well. seeing as its based on the time it takes to read a disc then it could be PS2Menace's thoughts on the way that they were detecting us (padding on the wrong layers on the disc)