1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The nativity story

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by batboy, Mar 23, 2007.

1. batboy

batboy Member

I've not posted much but read the forums daily on all the new updates and the latest. I've backed up my movies for a couple years now with Any dvd, dvd decrypter,VOBlanker, and Shrink. When I use either decripter or Anydvd to rip the Nativity Story, my computer shuts off and will continue to do so until I remove the disc from my BenQ drive. I seem to recall something like this a while back but wasn't successful with any searches. Your help is much needed and appreciated.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

First, make sure anydvd is upto date, the current version is 6.1.3.3, you can get it her if needed: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

There are free alternatives you can use like:
    DVDFab decrypter (disable anydvd if you try using DVDFab)
    ripit4me (also try using this app with anydvd disabled)

The links are given below.

Also:

Using shrink can be very cpu intensive, you can use anywhere from 90-98% of your cpu time while using shrink. What you describe could also be caused by an over heated microprocessor during the rip/transcoding process, open your PC case and make sure all the fans are working properly, clean out the dust bunnies, try using shrink with the case open to see if indeed it may be a heat related problem.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  3. batboy

batboy Member

Thanks john,
    Everything is updated to the latest version and I'm certain it's not cpu overload or overheating. It shuts down once the anydvd icon changes colors indicating it is processing.

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

I once had an issue somewhat like yours, when I put a disk in my drive, the drive would attempt to read it, but then the PC would lockup and I couldn't eject the disk unless I rebooted. The problem for me was a defective drive, and the solution was to get a new one. Can you try backing up the disk (or even playing it) using another drive on another system to rule out a possible system/drive problem.

Is this happening only with the Nativity Story DVD or any DVD inserted into the drive? Is the disk badly scratched?

5. batboy

batboy Member

It does it with both my drives a BenQ DW1650 and a Lite On SOHC-5232K. Like I said I've done over 400 backups and this is a first for my machine. If I don't take the disk out during reboot it will stay in a continueous loop of shut down and reboot indefinatly.