1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Nero I have won't burn to a DVDR disc

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pezz737, Apr 4, 2005.

1. pezz737

pezz737 Member

I used some appropriate software to rip my dvd to mpeg format so I could create a vcd but Nero won't burn to dvdr it says that it can not burn to this type of disc. So I installed the mpeg2 plugin same message is received when I try to burn what can I do to get nero to burn to a dvdr disc. I'm using version 6.6.0.8 because it's the only version I've been able to find that's compatible with xp pro. Please help thnx.

2. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

I don't think you can burn a VCD to a DVD-R, you can only do them onto CD-R, but i'm not 100% sure. Are you trying to put more than one movie onto a DVD-R? If you are just trying to put one movie onto the DVD-R why not just rip the original with dvddecrypter rather than encoding it to MPEG2.

3. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

by the sounds of it you want to burn a vcd on a dvd and this cant be done because a vcd is made to go on to a cd hence vCD. you need to convert them to dvd files before you can burn to dvd

4. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

if you got your nero with a cd or dvd drive then youll have to buy the actual nero alone

5. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

If you want to fit multiple movies on one disc then you have to do that, but if you just want a copy of a dvd then something like dvd decrypter will save you encoding then recoding the files.

.vob to .mpeg then converted back to .vob (with tmpeg?) is a major hassle if its just for one movie, compared to just ripping the dvd files with decypter, but if you are going for 2 or 3 movies on one disc then the above post is the way to go, by recoding from the mpeg to dvd files.