1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New guy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 101Neo, Jan 27, 2007.

1. 101Neo

101Neo Member

Alright, I'm the new guy but I've been checking out these posts for quite a while. First up, let me say thanks for all the great info from everyone, it's been very helpful. I too was able to make a perfect backup of Saw 3 using the latest Ripit4me and Fix VTS in 1 click mode. Also, I'm one of the ones disappointed in Slysoft. As with others, I tried backing up Saw 3 with Anydvd 6.1.0.7. It gave me 40 bad sectors and didn't work worth a damn. I've updated to Anydvd 6.1.1.3. I only put in my original copy of Saw 3 just to see if I got the same errors as I did in the previous version. I didn't get the errors, but it kinda locked up on title 7 in DVDClone2. So I didn't even bother trying to back it up through that.

I'm curious. Many of you recommend DVDFab. Can you tell me what version? Is it the Platinum, Gold, or the free version? Will it remove Puppetlock, Arccos, Flux, and Ripguard? Any input is appreciated.

Even though I'm new to the forum, I'm by no means new to backing up dvds.

Thanks to all.

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hey Neo, here is the JUST updated version of DVDFab Free. It is a paired down version of their platinum model with a few of the real shiny extra bells and whistles not available in free. I don't know the specifics about the encryption capabilities, but I would sure like to know what your S3 dvd does to it. I HATE horror, but this one has been such a challenge for people I am curious as all heck.

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

Hope this helps. AnyDVD has been bumming me out lately too. I can't get even the new update (todays 6.1.1.3) to do some disks right, not just new ones either. Some of the older releases are still setting it off. I heard it only works with CloneDVD consistently, although I can see from your post that that is not absolute either.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  3. 101Neo

101Neo Member

Hey Kitty,

I tried Anydvd with DVD shrink and Nero Recode before and had no luck with it. Anydvd has always been consistent for me when used with Clonedvd2. I usually have the latest version. I've heard of people having problems with The Descent, Crank, and now Saw 3--all on Lion's Gate. Thanks for the link, I'll give it a shot.

4. 101Neo

101Neo Member

Kitty,
    DVD Fab (free version) worked great. I backed up the entire 8.5 gb disc. I was then able to load it into dvdshrink or clonedvd2 (I tried them both). Thanks again.