1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE NEW SLIM PS2 BESTS BACKUP METHOD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Frednut, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Frednut

Frednut Guest

Hi guys, i´m from germany so sorry for my bad english.
    I just bought the new slim ps2 ant now i don´t know what the best solution is for playing burned ps2-dvd-games.
    Does someone of you got the new slim ps2 and has a modchip installed or an other working solution???
    please tell me about your experiences, thanks

Frednut

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

There's a bunch of different ways you can go on this. You can get a modchip installed in your ps2, which will selfboot your backups for you. Or you can go with a swap method like the SwapMagic discs. With the swap method you can either get a fliptop lid, the slimtool, ghost switch, or a replacement fliptop lid. It's a matter of preference to choose which you like. So far it seems that they all work effectively.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  3. hursty

hursty Active member

thought you cant use slide card with new slim ps2?

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

whoops my bad,...too used to spitting all that out.
    Thanks

5. Frednut

Frednut Guest

so are there swap cds available for the slim ps2???
    i thought the ghost cds or so work with it?
    thx for your reply

Frednut

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Yes SwapMagic v3.3 are the discs you want. There is one for loading cd games and one for loading dvd games.

7. Frednut

Frednut Guest

ok, thanks.
    so i need the swap magic 3.3 cd and dvd for my slim ps2 but do i need a slide card or a sticker or so too?

Frednut

8. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Along with the SwapMagic discs, you can do one of many different ways to complete the swapping. I taped down the 2 internal sensors, i think its simple to do and obviously cheapest and quickest fix. There's also a straw method which i never bothered to look into. The ghost switch, and they're making a replacement lid for the slim fliptop soon. I think there's also a slimtool out there now, that looks like there's a couple of pieces that you snap into place or something.

You can search the site to see which method you would like to use. If you look into them, they are all probably fairly easy to accomplish.

9. bandit778

bandit778 Member

I saw a site that sold the Swap Magic disks and the Ghost Switch. Disks were like 18 bucks and the Ghost Switch was 7 bucks I think. I think thats a fairly cheap mod.