1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Night Listener - Protection

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by DVDRyaN, Jan 9, 2007.

1. DVDRyaN

DVDRyaN Member

This is Robin Williams newest movie, came out today (1-9-07). I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with this movie. When CloneDVD2 tries to read it on the first menu, it gives a cycle redundency error but reads the extras and everything else fine. This movie came out today so I need not say that it has no scratches or smudges on it whatsoever. Also, anydvd gave a nice list of protections on it mabye it could be one of these?

2. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

I got this one a little while ago backed it up with AnyDVD 6.1.0.1 and NERO 7 recode2. It gave me problems though this title is heavily encrypted.:p

3. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

the night listener R1 was not difficult to copy, fabdecrypter/shrink/decrypter to burn did it without a problem. i did both the whole disc and main movie only.

4. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

the following is just my crazy opinion.
    let the rippers do what they do best(which is to rip the movie to your HD. ripit4me with fixvts or fabdecrypter) and the compressors(shrink,recode2,clonedvd2) do the compressing without having to deal with the ripping part. using ripit4me with fixvts will give you the "cleanest" files possible. fabdecrypter/vobblanker is also great. i know is a extra step, but it works all the time.

i have anydvd but i hardly ever use it because i like to rip the movie to my HD first, and there is nothing like ripit4me to do so. i know, i know anydvd has a ripper too, it just doesn't compare to ripit4me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  5. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

it could be the left side of the disc that could be making problems and are you running vista or something.