1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Graphics Card and PC gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by abuzar1, Jun 25, 2008.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Active member

I've invested 10 yrs with UPS. So suffice to say, I'm not leaving the company. Even if I stay part time. I have a much easier physical gig now. I handle packages that don't exceed 9 pounds. Bags rarely exceed 50.
    Driving? Hard to say. If I found myself in a relationship, mother expecting... perhaps. Ultimately, I'd bite the bullet to support loved ones.
    But for now, I work part time $19/hr, small apartment, and even save some money. I'm hoping to do some house shopping mid/late summer. I desperately need a garage, for both my truck, and other scientific hobbies lol

2. harvardguy

harvardguy Regular member

It's a good company. Besides driving - the guys who sort the boxes and load the trucks based on the route are very key - those boxes have to be in order when you turn around and go back to the truck or you will really be messed up. That never happened even once when I did the Christmas fill-in for them. Is that what you are doing - getting the trucks ready?

Hey, regarding buying a house - if you do get one, you might give some thought to trying to find a roommate to help with the rent. We have one here who's been here a good long chunk of time. We didn't get along great at first, but much better now.

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Active member

May just have to play some GTA V tonight. Long over due blowout was done this weekend. She's cool as a cucumber :cool:
    Anybody see the new HAF? I think she's sexy lol Sexy beast

I sort/bag the small packages. Bags that will be resorted by another building, or arrive at their final destination for delivery.
    Roommate? Nah... I'm a loner lol

4. harvardguy

harvardguy Regular member

Hahaha - loner!

When are you going to give Arma3 a try - single-player loner way?

If you ever do, make sure you know how to do my "custom save" method, where you have all the saves you want, even though the normal scenario is only one save. It takes the game to a whole other level of enjoyment.

Like I say, the sorting at UPS is crucial - the drivers can't work without good sorting. That means you have each route perfectly memorized, right?

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Active member

My bags are dumped wherever they go. And then sorted into cars depending on their route. So no, I don't have routes memorized lol

And it would appear my activation code for GTA V has been nuked. I bought the discs...
    So I'll try saving the game saves, and reinstalling. One things for sure, I'll be damned if I'm purchasing it a second time. :mad: