1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The ONE and ONLY easiest and fastest way to rip DVDs

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by j4k3, Mar 23, 2004.

1. j4k3

j4k3 Member

OK, I am still feeling quite a "happy" state from being able to rip DVDs so I am going to post what I have found is the easiest and fastest way to rip your favorite DVDs. Just follow these steps and depending on the speed of your PC, you'll have your first ripped movie in no time:

1. Go download Eazy VCD here -> http://www.eazyvcd.tk/
    2. On the MAIN PAGE, download the program and the patch.
    3. Click "Download" at the top and download the ASPI Layers for your version of OS.
    4. Install Eazy VCD first, then the patch and the ASPI Layers.
    5. Go here and follow this very helpful and clear guide -> http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/sefy/direct6.cfm

6. Insert your DVD, follow the guide and voila!

I will say this: After following the above steps and setting up Eazy VCD (which took about FIVE MINUTES), I had my FIRST ripped movie in exactly 7 hours and 38 minutes!

Now that wasn't so hard at all, was it?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  2. warwick

warwick Guest

7 Hours and 38 Mins !!! I hope that was more like 6 Hours to download and install, followed by 60 mins of rip and burn.....

If it wasn't then you are using the wrong programs. I recon if it takes more than 15-20 mins to rip and more than 50 mins to burn, something is wrong.......

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

He is talking about re-encoding a DVD to VCD which can take longer than that sometimes depending on what programs you use and your settings. But if your talking about just ripping and burning a DVD then 20 to 25 minutes max...

4. kdb21220

kdb21220 Guest

Eazy vcd doesn't seem to rip a whole movie for me, must be somethign I'm doing wrong

5. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Motomatt he must be because it takes Me an hour to rip n burn most dvd's n I only have a slow ass 2.4 speed drive here

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Yeah.. I hate making VCD's.. Seems like if you were making a crappy version of something it wouldn't take that long.. WRONG..

Matt