1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The picture turned blue?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by PeNDeJo, Sep 9, 2003.

1. PeNDeJo

PeNDeJo Member

Ok, so I followed the guide for converting with DVD2SVCD and it all went to hell. I started with a very high quality .AVI file that has perfect color and after having it run through DVD2SVCD and output in .BIN/.CUE format it was thrashed. I played it on my Samsung DVD-P231 and all the audio is in perfect sync but almost all the RED has turned to BLUE? HELP!!!

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

do you mean all the red colours in the video are now blue? and are you playing the movie in your standalone DVD player?

If so, it could be a pal/ntsc issue, try looking in your dvd player menu and changing the video system. If picture quality is fine only colour wrong it's normally this. most dvd players these days can convert pal to ntsc and vice vesra, so read through your manual if your not sure. post back if you have more worries.

3. ABMone

ABMone Guest

do you have any of those codec packs installed with a whole bunch of codecs that aren't necessary?

if so uninstall it and just use the ones you need
    this is the only thing i can think of for distorting colors, hope it helps

4. PeNDeJo

PeNDeJo Member

Damon1 and ABMone,

Thank you both for responding. First off I am playing the movies on the DVD player mentioned in my last post. It IS a standalone player and it does NOT support PAL or at least there is no obvious menu which will enable me to. But I don't think that's the problem, when using DVD2SVCD you can preview the output and even there it's blue. I don't know if I'm overlooking a setting or what because if I play the file through media player it is just fine. any ideas? And yes I do have several CODECS installed on my system. I show a total of 19 installed of which 5 are from INTEL, 8 from MICROSOFT, 1 unknown called iyvu9_32.dll, 1 XVID, another unknown called VFCodec.dll, 1 from cinepak, 1 DiVX 4.0, and 1 called HUFFYUV. Well at least that's what's reported by a program I have called AVIcodec. Do you have any recomendations as to what I should and should not have installed? Once again, thanks for all your help, I really need it, I'm sick of making frisbees out of all my CD's.

5. ABMone

ABMone Guest

well getting rid of what you don't use would be logical

if you can remember if you installed a codec pack you should start with that like the nimo.

6. PeNDeJo

PeNDeJo Member

Ok, so I went through and removed a bunch of codecs but I don't know if I got them all. I first started by removing all my video related software like DVD2SVCD, Virtual DUB, and so on in an attempt to clean up some space as well as clean out the garbage codecs. After I finished I re-installed a minimal of software which included DVD2SVCD, AVIsynth, and TMPGEnc. Now TMPGEnc just errors saying the window size is not correct or something when running it through DVD2SVCD and when I run it by itself I get a write error in NTDLL.DLL. Any ideas?