1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Prestige Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by naicidrac, Feb 21, 2007.

1. naicidrac

naicidrac Member

Hello,
    I tried DVD Shrink and it got about 25% through encoding before it found a cyclic error. I ripped it using ripit4me and dvd decrypter. Then it said I had to fix the files with Fix VTS which I did not have. I have downloaded the latest version of Fix VTS, but I am not at my home computer. Now will I just open Fix VTS and find "The Prestige" file on my hard drive and open it and go throught the steps? I think it save it under PREONW1 or something like that. Then after I go through the Fix VTS steps will I be able to open it with shrink. I think the files have an extension VOB now and I need to change then with Fix VTS so shrink can read them. Thanks for all the help and sorry I am such a newbie.

2. Shardel

Shardel Guest

You may want to uninstall your ripit4me and reinstall using the
    ripit4me installer. The installer includes the FixVTs.
    Before you do that you might want to go to user submitted guides
    and look at the guide written by Alkohol-RipIt4Me,Shrink and Imgburn.
    It explains how these work together and is one of the best guides
    I've seen. It really makes it simple to do. Once set up it
    eliminates several steps that you had to do individually.

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Yes, just run the ripped folder thru FixVTS or VobBlanker than proceed with shrink and it should work.

BTW, i would advise u when using RipIT4me to always use fixVTS before shrink.
    Heres how to set FIXvts up with RI4Me so the next time u can run FixVTS when using RI4Me, Pics are always nice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  4. naicidrac

naicidrac Member

Thank you guys for the great help. I only wish that I was at my home computer so I could try all of this. Thanks again guys for all the help and if I have problems this evening I will check back.

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

An alternative to ripit4me is DVDFab decrypter (free), you can use it to rip the video files to your hard drive, then run shrink and use it to open the files. DVD shrink should import the video files created by DVDFab (hopefully with out the use of vobblanker or FixVTS), you can then use shrink as you normally would to create the backup.

The link to DVDFab is located below.

6. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

i used dvdfab with this had no trouble at all had the movie in less than 30 mins..

7. naicidrac

naicidrac Member

I will check into DVDfab. FixVTS woked great and I was able to make the copy with DVDshrink. The only thing is the movies seems a little squished like it was widscreen and squished down. It is not really that bad, but it is noticable. I will check it again and see why it is like that. Thanks

8. S2K

S2K Regular member

this disk rips fine no problems with ripit4me