1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Problem with Online Games...

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by 88Camaro, Mar 18, 2007.

1. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

I consider myself to be an old school gamer and my biggest complaint about multiplayer/online games these days is that most of them tend to be "Deathmatch" games where you just keep fighting against each other and repeating the same thing over and over...what happened to the days of Doom II when you could play cooperatively with someone else online and actually play the missions together, teaming up to beat the AI instaed of worrying about how many frags you have...games like Half-Life 2 and Far Cry would be great if you could connect with even just a couple other people and play the missions at the same time and you progess together from the beginning to the end...am i the only one who really feels this way or are there others that wish there were more co-op options for current popular games...I've rarley ever heard anyone else complain about this...let me know what you think...

2. Rickster0

Rickster0 Regular member

i agree with you but that sort of play is mainly for offline play the trouble with it is that people would be coming and going all the time and they would be getting disconnected so you can't have people playing together through a game if the people keep leaving it would be crap so thats why they don't lol