1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE PSP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dotgp, May 3, 2005.

1. dotgp

dotgp Member

dont know where i should put this but here seems good,

i live in the uk and the psp does not come out over here till sept 1st i then wanted to get an import psp from lik-sang and have heard that i will will still be able to play my pal uk games on the us version (aka multiregion)

can anyone confirm this as the psp will then only cost me £130-£140
    thanks
    DoTgp

( i have just found a s*it load of links on this subject my bad)

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  2. benagain

benagain Regular member

I'm pretty sure that they are region free. I heard of a lot of people ordering then from overseas prior to the us launch just because of this. I'll check it out though to be sure..

3. benagain

benagain Regular member

4. bianco

bianco Member

i got mine from hk... i think it's region 2. one of my games is japanese and it works fine with the unit. but i bought a us version game (region 1), and it doesn't have any conflict with my psp as well. i heard that psp games doesn't have any problem with any version of the unit. you'd only have problems if you try to play umd movies from a different region - which unfortunately, i haven't really tried yet.

5. williej

williej Regular member

Yeah, you are correct. I remember the first PS1s in the states were all region and then Sony made them PAL/NTSC, but not both. I have the first-launch PSPs in the U.S. and it's soooooo sweet.