1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the recorder does not support this type of disc ??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kitchell, Oct 20, 2004.

1. kitchell

kitchell Member

Hi,
    I think that i know what the problem is but then again remember i said think...
    Anyway, been burning dvd's with DVD Shrink and everything was fine burnt half a dozen and there burning process was quick and easy, no problems. And now i can't, the process i do is the same and nothing on the computer has changed, but now when it asks me to put in a blank dvd, i do this and a error message comes up and says "the recorder does not support this tye of disc".
    This is my theory ( feel free to tell me different )
    When i burnt the last lot of dvds there were different disc.... but then i thought most were the same, the ones i am using are DVD-R 4x which is what i was using before, just a different brand.
    Any way if some could please hel me that would be great...

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Let us know:

What is the make and model of your burner?
    What make/brand/type are the discs you previously used?
    What make/brand/type are the discs you are using now?

Have you downloaded a program called dvdinfopro (it will verify what discs they are) - sorry I have no link for you but 'google' should bring up something.

If the previous make of discs worked fine, then I would assume that the newer type (crappy quality) you are using may not be compatible with your burner (firmware related).

A flash of your firmware to the latest level may solve that - very risky, it can disable your burner if flashed wrong................

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  3. kitchell

kitchell Member

ok cokey,

i will tell youi as much as i can, but please understand that i can use the computer but not run it if you know what i mean,
    Anyway,
    dvd i am using now are MarVo 4x DVD-R
    The other ones General DVD-R 4x DVD-R
    and all i can tell you about the burner is that it is a CD-DVD recorder and player, P4 computer