1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the recorder doesn't support this type of disc error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by zuut, Jan 1, 2005.

1. zuut

zuut Member

Hi there,
    Before I asked this question, I spent a lot of time searching if this issue aleady addressed but didn't see one. Here it is:

system xppro sp2
    Nero Ultra 6.3.0.0
    Dvd burner: Pioneer DVR-103

Problem:
    I Prepared a backup dvd file in DVDshirink 3.2.1x and burned a few dvds. But all of the sudden the Nero program stopped burning. The message I get is "the recorder doesn't support this type of disc". I have tried three different brand dvds and got the same error.The dvd is 4.16GB and I have 11GB free space afte the file is encoded into a temp dir.

Can some help me to determine why the burner stopped burning the same file it had burned fine before?

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

This may be a stupid question but.

Your drive burns DVD-R or DVD-RW disc's.

You didn't buy DVD+R or DVD+RW disc's to burn?

3. zuut

zuut Member

Thank you for replying. Sorry I was away and didn't check my email.
    Actually the problem was resolved by itself. However, I switched from Nero 6.6.x to CopyToDVD - the latest version and I tell ya this software is amazing. When I was burnin with nero 40% of the burns are bad copies but with CopyToDVD, out 10 burn i only got one defect. Very nice. I am using a demo version & will get the actuall copy soon.
    thanks
    Tura