1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem The remote on the xkey goes blank after ten seconds.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by angeteen, Jun 11, 2015.

1. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

While trying to use the remote for my xkey I have noticed that, while it will display like normal at first, it will eventually go to a blank screen after ten or so seconds have passed. I have tried to use a different jumpdrive formatted with FAT32 so as to make sure that the xkey was updated to the latest firmware, and while I am happy to report that the remote has stayed on this time, it still goes right back off whenever a NTFS dongle is inserted. It used to not be like this, so why has it started to act the way it is now?

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

has anything changed in the cfg.file?

3. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Nothing that I've noticed. Menuiso is set to Y and the menudvd is set to N. Also the remote is plugged into the 360, a powered USB hub into the remote, and finally a 2.5" external hard drive into the hub. Also, now, the remote does't even do anything when the console is turned on. The screen is blank, I press a button, the xkey logo comes up, and then it powers back off after a few seconds. It doesn't matter if a hard drive is plugged in or not.

Also, if it helps, my drive has been flashed with LT+ 3.0. I have no idea if that may or may not be causing any problems there.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

no idea mate and been about 2 year since i messed about with my xk3y, i do know that i didnt and the xk3y like the dvd menu