1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the right ps2 mod chip?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by capone310, Feb 15, 2005.

1. capone310

capone310 Member

I have a Version 7 ps2 and i wanted to know what compatible mod chip will play all my games-backups and originals?

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I would highly recommend the Duo 2se modchip. That is what I have in my ver. 7 ps2 and it plays all of my ps2 backups and imports perfectly. The two best things about the Duo 2se is that first, there are only 17 wires to solder, and second the chip only costs $25.00

Check out www.psxtune.com, that is where I purchased my chip.

Hope this helps...

3. capone310

capone310 Member

thnaks dude ill remember that chip when i go purchase that one, but i must question why its so cheap compared to other chips

4. steimy

steimy Active member

check out xmodds.com, they have all the main one's there that you can read write ups on. I have heard the most good things about DMS4, Matrix Infinity, and Magic V.

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the dms 4 and matrix are excelent chips with lots of features but if all you want from a chip is to boot backup games then the duo2se works very well

6. DBZB126

DBZB126 Regular member

matrix infinity is better
    my friend has a Dms4 and cant play Xenosaga 2 multi disc back up
    while i have a matrix infinity and it works perfectly

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

The main reason why it is so cheap is because it is just your basic chip that boots backups and so on. But devilhunt is right, if you want more options, get a more expensive chip. You can flash those more expensive chips and customize things alittle bit, which I could care less about that stuff. But hey, it's up to you man!!

8. capone310

capone310 Member

well what i really want is to play:

ps2 originals and backups
    dvds and copies
    psx originals and back ups
    DVD9
    emulators

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright, then the Duo 2se is perfect for you. The things you listed are all I care about as well, and that is why I purchased the duo 2se. Buy it, install it, then you'll see how nice the chip is...

10. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

man if i were you i would get a flip top with the swap magic discs. They work great and i have no problems with mine whatsoever. modchips can go out, kill your board with the wrong move with soldering iron and solder a lead in the wrong spot or two together, and when either happens u have to buy a new ps2 and a new chip installed which can run you 300 plus dollars, as for a flip top if anything goes out replace the part or buy a new ps2 and put the flip top back on the new one.

11. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

best modchip would be these:

DMS4 Pro
    DMS EZI Pro
    Matrix Infinity

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

jaydeeX3, you must have never soldered a modchip before have you.?. Because my first time ever soldering was my Duo 2se into my ps2 and I did it flawlessly. Also, I have done a few of my friends and have never had one problem; and I do not consider myself the greatest solderer, since I have only been doing it for about 4 months now. All it takes is alittle time and patience. And swap magic is annoying, that is what my friends had before I soldered their chips and they hated swap. But yeah, I am done in this thread....

13. capone310

capone310 Member

what's the most reliable web site to order a sp2 mod chip?

14. capone310

capone310 Member

15. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

sorry pimpdawg but yes i pretty much solder on a daily basis.....modding ps2's and motherboards for pc's, and ive seen guys who have been soldering for 10-15 years that still make accidental mistakes and fry boards......so for a novice trying to do it for his first time i would practice before i actually went and soldered onto my board.... still the flip top is your best choice, everybody i know has never had a problem with their flip top and swap magic, and ive takes to and given advice to a lot of people whos modchip stopped working, among other problems....ad there stuck buying another ps2 and another chip etc.