1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sad Fool reports SUCCESS!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by vaustein2, Mar 8, 2007.

1. vaustein2

vaustein2 Member

I followed the instructions at http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-43396.html
    for a TA-802 @ FW==2.71 and it worked!

However, I thought it was bricked. The AC adapter was plugged in the entire time, then after the downgrade, the PSP rebooted. I heard the boot-up jingle but saw no picture! I kept messing with buttons and hearing audio but seeing no image. Then the AC adapter fell out and the picture returned. Restored default settings, rebooted, verified FW 1.50, everything's cool. But that blank screen - DAMN THAT SCARED ME!!!

Could I ask a few more newbie questions?

Aside from the ISO loader, what are the benefits of upgrading to Dark_Alex's 3.10 OAE? Can the built-in loader handle CSO's or do I need Devhook for that?

Also, will GTA:LCS, Gun Showdown, or LOTR Tactics force a firmware upgrade on first run?

Thanks! Afterdawn remains the top user community for the digital underground!

2. Megaman17

Megaman17 Regular member

Congrats on downgrading ur FW 2.71 PSP!;)

The answers u need:
    1. upon upgrading to FW 3.10 OE-A, u can load ISO/CSO straight from the XMB.But u still can run homebrew!!;)

2. U can use Devhook if u want.(But sometimes ur savedata may be corrupt,try backuping it b4 u upgrade)

3.No, it won't force......maybe.(But if it forces, use Devhook.;)

Yeah, Afterdawn's gre8!

Hoped i helped u!

3. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

^congratulations!!!
    3.10oe-a can let you play isos w/o using any loader such as devhook. it also allows you to play psx games(same as 3.03oe-c, but more accurate). it also has a lot of features like that of the sony's latest firmware. it's also similar w/ 3.03oe-c but doesn't allow you to customize your xmb.

it won't force you to update unless you are on a lower firmware. but i suggest that you shouldn't update. use a custom firmwares or loaders instead.

4. vaustein2

vaustein2 Member

Very detailed answers :)

Hmmm... So with 3.10 OE-A I get better PS1 emulation but lose the Megadeth crossbar. Choices...

5. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

6. vaustein2

vaustein2 Member

Just upgraded to 3.10 OE-A! Working perfectly! I'm so excited it's all I can do not to spooge in my pants!

As a side conversation: The PSP really ought to have been a homebrew handheld from the beginning. Think about it - you walk into a typical retailer, check out the PSP section, and it's a small handful of games compared to what's out for the Wii just days after release. The commercial games on the PSP really don't work for a handheld, IMHO. Plus, who wants to re-purchase a DVD film in UMD format just to watch it portably? That's totally mindless consumerism. I don't think the PSP has much life left outside communities like this one.

7. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

make sure u do the update to 3.10 OE A' it fixes issues with some games.

8. MattJack

MattJack Member

Sorry for the stupid question, but on the 3.10 OEA fw, i wasnt sure what u were saying when u said it loads the iso/cso games onto it automatically. Clarify my stupid newbie w/ custom fw question please.

9. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

Not sure where u saw it but I think they meant that with 3.10 you dont have to use any kind of loading program just put the iso files in the folder called ISO on the mem stick and the firmware does the rest.

10. MattJack

MattJack Member

Thanks orbiter, that cleared some stuff up.