1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Shield Season 5 DVD DL burning

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ultravire, May 24, 2007.

1. ultravire

ultravire Member

I trying to back up Season 5 onto DVD DL's with Ripit4Me and ImgBurn. I've tried ISO image first burning with ImgBurn half way through I got an error and it cancelled. I did Full DVD and Build under ImgBurn the DVD burned fine. Menu appeared with the 4 episodes. Episode 1 & 2 played fine, however I couldn't access Episodes 3 & 4 the DVD froze. Can anyone help I'd really appreciate it??

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ultravire,
    What brand of D/L blank media are you using? Have you done a CRC test to see if there are any errors on the burner disk. You can use the free version of DVDinfoPro to do that test

3. ultravire

ultravire Member

I'm using Infiniti 360 Printable disks 2.4x. WHen you say to test the Burner Disk I assume you mean the blank media I'm using?

4. ultravire

ultravire Member

I used DVD Info Pro and there are errors on the disk. How can I avoid this? Should I be using software other than RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn to avoid these errors?

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ultravire,
    The only reliable D/L Blank Media is Verbatim. The blank media you are using is very low quality. If you change blank media I think your problems will go away as the processes you are using are the correct way

6. movies27

movies27 Regular member

i dont use dual layers i only use dvd-5 i have the shield season 5 backed up on a sony dvd-5 and it plays with no problem

7. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Here's a little info about backing up episodic dvd's using the following method that I posted on May 13. All episodic dvd's that I have backed up can be ripped with DVD Decrypter by itself with no problems. It takes about 20 minutes to rip the full dvd. It takes about 5 minutes to process the first half of the dvd using VobBlanker and about 5 minutes to process the second half if you follow my instructions below. It then takes about 12 minutes to burn the first half of the episodes to a single layer dvd and about 12 minutes to burn the second half of the episodes to another single layer dvd. It takes less than an hour to process an episodic dvd from start to finish. If you use single layer dvd's, the cost is about 20 cents each X 2 if purchased in packs of 100 as opposed to a double layer dvd at about $1.50 - $2.00 each. I use Ripit4me on my movies but DVD Decrypter will work by itself on the episodic dvd's. Follow the instructions below and you should have no problems.

I would suggest something that I find to work very well while keeping all the menus intact and working. Rip the episodic dvd to your HD, use VobBlanker to KEEP the first half of the episodes and BLANK out the second half. For example, if the dvd has 8 episodes, keep episodes 1-4 and blank out 5-8. While you're at it you can also blank out any previews and other junk. After you backup this way, use VobBlanker to do the same thing except BLANK out episodes 1-4 and KEEP 5-8. This way you can have all episodes divided into 2 SL discs (1 of 2 & 2 of 2) which help keep the cost down and you don't sacrifice any video quality. Then, there's no need to use Shrink, just burn the end result to 2 SL dvd's. I find it works great for the episodic dvd's and VobBlanker doesn't take a lot of time to do it's job either. You can label your discs like this: The King of Queens S4 D2 (1 of 2) and
    The King of Queens S4 D2 (2 of 2) meaning season 4 disc 2 having the first 4 episodes on (1 of 2) and the last 4 episodes on (2 of 2).

8. ultravire

ultravire Member

Has anyone successfully burned The Shield Season 5 onto DVD DL's??

9. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

ultravire---If the shield (awesome show, stayed up late last night watching the final) is already on your computer, and you are trying to burn to a disc, it is your blank DL discs and/or the speed you are burning that gives you problems.
    CARMIKE is correct.
    Use better blanks and many problems "magically" disappear.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007