1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the silver ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by martynste, Dec 16, 2003.

1. martynste

martynste Regular member

are there any advantages of buying a silver console (v9) i think over a v4 or other earlier models. i heard they were more compatable with media.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

If you go out and buy a brand new ps2 (doesn't have to be silver) chances are you'll get a V9 or V10... there's still some V7 out there but you won't find older versions unless you buy refurbished or used models.

3. Space6982

Space6982 Guest

Hi !

So say I was to go out and buy a spanking new "black PS2", which you say is now on about version 9 & 10. Does this mean that modchips such as the latest "Magicchip" wont work ?

If thats the case I'll have to get a new laser installed because Ive burnt the hell out of it. Its starting to get really fussy!

Cheers

space

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the new magic 5 will work with the v9 ps2 console dont know about the v10 as they are only just starting to appear for sale in the shops and dont know if anyone has tried to mod one yet

5. Supreme

Supreme Member

The magic V 50k doesnt work on the V10 units but they have another version out that works but I forget what its called. The DMS3 V9 chip works in a V10 though.

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

iv seen alot 39004 ps2... so they still sell the v7 and the v8... as for v9-10 yeah silver and the new limited editions are infact v10.. the silver one sounds nice but it's only silver and you get 2 silver controllers lol

7. Space6982

Space6982 Guest

I think I may just get a new one and specifically ask for a version 30003R, (version 5 i think) if possible because my PS2 is being dead fussy. Plays copied Prince of Persia fine, Manhunt shudders and freezes real bad.

Silver PS2 is nice - but im going towait for the red one :)