1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The sims

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by darcmind, May 9, 2004.

1. darcmind

darcmind Member

i recently bought the sims on ps2 and im having trouble backing it up, when i use RecordNow Max it stops making the image at 83% and has some px or something error, and when i try use dvd decrypter it says "Disc not DVD" what is up?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

assuming that your not talking about the sims bustin out then the orignal sims is a cd based game and suggest you try somthing like alcohol 120,cdrwin or clone cd to backup your game

3. freaky241

freaky241 Member

I am having a problem with the sims ps2 game also. i have used alcohol 120% and nero to backup this game and two diffrent brands of cds. i put in my swap disk and when it says insert disk i open up my flip top and put in the backup and it goes to a complete red screen for 5 sec then the disk keeps spinning and nothing happens. can someone please help me. Thank you.

4. chrisphil

chrisphil Member

Do your have the right type of DVDR?

Check if you are using DVD-R in a burn that only uses DVD+R

5. chrisphil

chrisphil Member

Also this is just a FYI if you are using Magic Slide:

Blue: The backups is OK, and ready to boot.
    (The game should work - if not, there is simply no way to play that particular game using the Slide-Tool. You will properly need a Magic V Modchip to play that game.)

Red: SwapMagic cannot read the disc, there is no way this disc is ever going to play.
    ( The most common problem is the use of bad quality CD-R or DVD-R media. Try a more expensive brand like Verbatim Data-Life. More common is the game not having been backed up properly. You need to use a different method, different software, different CD / DVD writer etc. Look in popular PS2 Forums for help making backups.)

Green: The backups is OK, but SwapMagic is having trouble reading / understanding the disc but goes ahead anyway.
    (If the game plays, then OK. If not, the most common problem is simply the use of bad quality CD-R or DVD-R media. Copy the backup to a better disc, and it should work. This is a general problem with all backup solutions. People are not using good quality media.)

6. Ronrice

Ronrice Member

or maybe the game isnt in all the way ..

7. freaky241

freaky241 Member

I used a verbatim cd-r and another cd-r, it is blank on top, and still the screen just turns all red and then goes black. I have a flip-top buy the way. Does anyone have any suggestions like a better brand of
    cd-r's?

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

this might sound silly but you are using the swapmagic cd boot disc to boot your cdr based backup(not swapmagic dvd disc)

9. freaky241

freaky241 Member

Yes i am using my swap magic cd version 3.0 and then at the bottom it says 3.2 USA Build.

10. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

I made a backup of THE SIMS using Clone Cd because this game is a CD game and Clone Cd has been very reliable in backing up all Playstation CD based games using the game setting. The game plays perfect on my V4 system booting it with the swap magic CD 2.0 disc. Oh ya, that PX error with record Now Max means that the game probably has a very nasty scratch in it and the game cannot be read so I recommend getting a resurfacing device to get your disc back in shape.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004