1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Smell of Disks

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Augmented, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Augmented

Augmented Member

What is That smell? I love it! The sweet aroma sent that lingers in the open air after cracking a new spindle of dvds. Can anyone possibly tell me where I can find that scent or a simaler scent that I could use to fragance my house?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Are you joking? or just off the planet.....LOL

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I saw a guy at bestbuy open up a new cakebox and all of a sudden sarted to dry heave. He said the smell reminded him of his meth days and finally threw up. Watching that tweeker making a mess on the counter was the funniest shit I've seen in a long time.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you sound really bored to like the smell of dvds LOL. i get that from guys about my perfume. NOT dvds

5. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

I can see it now - the birth of the DVD connoisseur. Blindfolded, he can tell difference between Ritek G04's and G05's just by their "nose" when the cake box is opened. Between quality media he will clear the palate by sniffing CMC Mag media, fine distinctions in MCC dye makeup will be discerned by judicious candling.....

HiggsBosun

"I love the smell of TY in the morning!"

6. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

Can I have some of what your smokin

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Augmented

The answer to your question is polycarbonate plastic.

I usually prefer to sniff mine with coffee, but it's obviously a matter of choice. <G>

Some I have spoken with also suggest plastic car seats, but those are hard to find today.

8. Troy1x

Troy1x Guest

All of my Ritek G05's smell like pancake syrup. I didn't notice till a friend picked up a dvd and for some reason smelt pancake syrup and asked if I spilt anything on it before he put it in his dvd player.

-Troy

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Troy1x

That's how it all starts... First just a little sniff, then you're hooked!!! Just kidding.

Augmented

Many people like the way new items smell before being exposed to the elements, just like that new car smell which is made up of glues, cloth, leather, carpet, and “plastics.” So we’re just kidding with you.

10. Augmented

Augmented Member

My dearest apologies folks.. I would have posted earlier, however I have just been released from the authorities. Evidently smelling my Memorex CMC’s out in public is considered disorderly conduct. I guess I need to pick up some of these RY’s everyone keeps talking about. I just hope I won’t be criticized about my sniffing imperfections. You know, just because CMC’s are evidently "bad media” doesn’t mean they don’t smell good :(

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Welcome back and it's great to see you too have a good sense of humor!