1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The time has come, plz Help a fellow out..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by solidusxx, Jun 1, 2007.

1. solidusxx

solidusxx Member

Finally nabbed a brand new 2.71 PSP so I need a LIL help to get started.

1) Website to buy cheap 4 GIG mem cards, I prefer a place with real fast shipping if possible. Any reliable legit suggestions? And what type should I nab? Kingston? Sony?

2)How to downgrade. Where are the DOWNGRADERS? The semi-newbs Guide to downgrading and upgrading your PSP.

I would GREATLY appreciate any info, thanks fellas.

2. schism123

schism123 Member

3. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

DO NOT UPGRADE TO 3.03

Any PSP with firmware 2.71 with any motherboard can be downgraded and you won't need a unpatched version of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Post what motherboard you have. And I will post the corresponding guide. And again DO NOT UPGRADE TO 3.03 !

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

i was just saying that cuz it worked for me...but then, i do have gtalcs, and have had it since it came out:p
    i guess ur right peainapod, it is better to keep goin with 2.71, even if it is more complicated

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@mrmcman

I dont mean trash your post, but for him upgrading to 3.03 would have been suicide.

@solidusxx

You have two options. One being posting your motherboard version and then I would post the appropriate guide OR two upgrade to 2.80 not 2.81 but 2.80. The reason being that after upgrading to 2.80 the downgrader to version 1.5 will work with any motherboard.

If you would like to check this stuff out for yourself check out this excellent guide....

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90916.html

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ok s'all good. i was just contributing a thot

8. solidusxx

solidusxx Member

Thanks, dont worry I did the research before I did anything, I successfully downgraded then upgraded to the latest custom firmware on my ta-082 motherboard :)