1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The True Way to convert DVD into DivX

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by happyuser, Jun 14, 2004.

1. happyuser

happyuser Guest

Update on CDEX:
    1. I have been using CDEX_V150_BETA_7 for long and it did not have any trouble, though there are still bugs that need to be fixed.
    2. There are a version of CDEx_v1.51, I do not remember where I download it, seems somehow to cause problem: no sound when you play divx with DivX Player 2.1. But with no problem when you play with other players like MicroDVD. So be aware.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/
    Good program (can also capture analog audio via line-in).
    Could copy latest lame_enc.dll into CDex directory (newer codecs 3.95 and 3.96 supposed to be improved, but much slower. Is newer always better?)
    I de-mux AC3 file using Smartripper. Then, use BeSweet (2-pass Azid) to create stereo WAV normalized to 100%.
    You can now use CDex or ? to encode compressed audio of your choice.
    It is convenient to use a GUI frontend (ie. GordianKnot) for AviSynth. Happyuser is happily frameserving manually and editing script files, but this is advanced and needlessly complex for most newbies... (LoL)The Hard Way maybe more accurate than The True Way ;) but whatever floats your boat.
    Regards