1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The truth about media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kyle_101, Mar 23, 2005.

1. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Well you see this is how i look at it, people go on for ages about whats the best media and really what i think is the best media is the one that works for you their are so many different media types and i have tried most.

So all this talk about which one is the best is rubbish really cause the best media is the one that works for you...

2. CG_Gurl80

CG_Gurl80 Guest

Agreed. Though I feel safer when I see the words, "Made in Japan." :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2005
  3. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

OK, say you've got an excellent burner that can produce burns that play fine on your PC and all of your standalones, even on the crappiest of grade Z media. Kprobe or DVD Speed scans look well dodgy, but you have no problem playing the disks.

Fine, you think, why should I pay all that money for TY's when dirt cheap El Crappo DVD-R's work great for me.

One year later you find that your extensive movie collection on El Crappo media skips and jumps on playback. You also find that you cannot just recopy these disks onto fresh quality media because there are just too many errors. So, you have to go to your carefully stored collection of originals, re-rip, re-shrink, and then copy.

Oh dear.

Buy TY or MCC - You know it makes sense.

4. kaosX

kaosX Regular member

seeing how some of the best media (yuden TYG01) are only 30 bucks shipped a 100 pack from supermediastore.com, i dont see how it would make sense to get "el chrappo" discs that wont read in anything 3 years from now.

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

You can pay me now or pay me later".

6. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

The problemover here in the uk is that TY's are really expensive. I used verbatim dvd+r and they crapped out on me. But it could of been that they were +R so anyway for now i stick with Ridisc cause i have never had a problem with them.

7. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

Ridisc and Rimovie are not true Ritek own-brands, so you may fall foul of grade variability there. The prime Ritek grade A brand is Ridata.

I agree with you about the UK prices for TY, 30 bucks for a 100 - I wish.