1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Collection V2.0

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mthrfckrz, Jan 28, 2007.

1. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

so i ordered the slim kit for my ps2 but it broke after a few try's with backed up games and i also got the slide card.. so now i own a FAT PS2 and i use the ultimate collection to boot up programs.. it includes

Product Details
    There is no warranty to void
    Works with original import games
    No modchip for the games to detect
    No modification to the internal system
    No extra stress on the laser lens
    No soldering required - plug and play
    HD Loader 3.5
    HD Loader 7c
    Swap Magic 3.6+
    HD Advance 3.0
    USB Extreme / Advance
    COG Swap Loader
    PS2 Loader
    Magic Mem
    Zone Free DVD 2005
    HDDump 0.8.1
    CDLoader
    FTP SERVER (Can FTP games to your PS2 if you have HDD installed!)
    And more!

when i choose Swap Magic 3.6 Plus.. it loads and tell me to load program.. so thats when i use my slide tool and exchange the backup game and it just tells me 'not a valid ps2 disk.. so ive used ALCOHOL 120% to make the backups and set everything like on the instructions and nothing.. i even check the CD/DVD Manager & it says DVD-ROM on the product

i have a Comp USA Lightscribe DVD burner.. would that be the problem?.. i have used 3 different media disc and nothing.. i dont know what i am doing wrong.. i have enabled it to burn @ half the speed of the disc and up to 4x and nothing.. i dont wanna keep wasting DVD's..

the type of DVD's i have are

MAXWELL DVD-R
    SONY 16x DVD+R
    TDK 16x DVD+R - i dont use those no more i read NO on those.. =D

2. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

i have checked around many forums and i find lots different answers to this ps2 world..

i have a
    SCPH-39001
    Browser 1.20
    cd player 1.20
    playstation Driver 1.10
    DVD Player 2.12U

i dont know if this will work but is this one compatible to anything?

nothing seems to work only the SNES roms... i just bought a pack of MAXWELL DVD+R hopefully it works.. if not let me know which BLANKS are good.. till then hopefully u all can help thank you in advance!!

3. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

so no one wants to help out or does anyone know?...

4. croy00

croy00 Member

Are you copying the games from an original or did you download it from the internet. I must say that is the ultimate collection and with that you should be well on your way to playing backed up games. You said that the snes roms worked that must mean the emulator as well. So I am thinking it could be because you downloaded the game from the net most the time it doesn't work or it isn't even the game. If you copied it from an original than I think it's time to throw your ps2 out the window and become a budha on some mountain top after getting all of that crap. Also check the forums to see if your model likes -r media or +r media.

5. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

thank you for your time and response..

so i went out and bought a pack of vertabim's

a n ew LG dvd burner.. maybe i'll give it one more try!..

but yeah ive tried everything man.. once again thank you for trying to help!

6. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

okay so here i am again with no luck...

i used NERO 7 to copy my Burnout 2 disc and nothing..

i just bought a LG GSA-H22L and i used Verbatim DVD+R 16x

when i run the ps2 and load SWAP MAGIC 3.6 it then goes to the Load Prgram screen and thats when i use the slide tool to remove the CD from the tray and insert my BACKUP...after i do this i press X and nothing happens just tells me 'not a valid ps2 disc'..so then i eject the tray and enter any other PS2 game and after it loads it asks me to load my own program disc...and then i do the slide tool this way and see if it works and this time when i enter the backup it sorta goes red real fast and then it acts like its loading and then it goes to the memory card and then please insert a playstation 2 disc screen comes up with cloud moving in the back..

what am i doing wrong?.. i even went and bought a new DVD Burner!!!

7. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

im going to keep posting until i get something to work or someone can help me thru this..

i backed up a copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 Using Alcohol 120% and i burne dit @ 2.4x and i still get nothing..

so i used DVD Decrypter to read the backup disc i made and this is what the info popped up to say maybe u can find something wrong here?

Sessions: 1
    Sectors: 1,936,768
    Size: 3,966,500,864 bytes
    Time: 430:25:43 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
    Disc ID: RICOHJPN-R00-01
    Book Type: DVD+R
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 1
    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
    Disc ID: RICOHJPN-R00-01
    Book Type: DVD-ROM
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 1
    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,133,375
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

8. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

okay so i got rid of the FAT PS2 and got a new skinny one which is Version 13 and i took it apart and put a piece of tape on the inside where tool C should be and i put a piece of paper on tool A and the original Tool B on it so i got it to spin open and read backed up CD Games & NES Emulator.. but i have tried all the backed up DVD Games and nothing.. i used 5 different type of media and nothing... what am i doing wrong?

i used

Mexell - DVD + & DVD-R
    TDK DVD+R
    FUJIFILM - DVD+R
    SONY - DVD+R

i have used there programs to burn them in

Nero 7
    Alcohol 120%
    ImgBurn
    DVD Decrypter

with NO LUCK!!!

9. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

haha damn no one knows i take it..

this sucks.. does anyone know where i can go ask these questions somewhere else and that might be able to assist me?.. im kinda bummed out about it.. i waited 2 weeks to get this slim kit w/ the ultimate collection CD.. i finally get it and install it on my V12 and after a few tries of trying to get the backed up DVD games to work none of them worked but making the SNES Emulator did work after a while the disc didnt spin anymore...i read upon that when a disc stops running is because the lens wore out.. so i went out and borrowed my friends FAT PS2...tried to get the backed up DVD games to work and nothing.. but i was able to play some CD-R Games W/ it & i used the TDK CD-R 52x...is this a good type of media or should i go get better blanks?... as for the backed up DVD games playing on the FAT one nothing...i went and returned it back to my friend and also got myself another slim ps2 with the model being SCPH-7001 which i read here on the forums that its V13 and it works with this... i got it to work with CD-R Games but no luck with the DVD backed up games... anyway im sure i wrote this over again but i need help... here's my AIM & YAHOO sn's so u can get in touch with me whenever..

AIM - MEMORYGLITCHEZ
    YAHOO - Lostkidd

thankz...

10. croy00

croy00 Member

Wow man I have no idea it sounds to me like you are doing everything text book. It shouldn't be the problem but are your DVD's +r or -r.

11. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

well i took everything off and i quit before i burn out this ps2 as well. so im just going to order the DMS 4 Pro for it man.... plus this CD is a CD not a DVD so i think it makes it worse for the PS2.. since most Swap Magic come in DVD format!..

12. croy00

croy00 Member

I am a little confused with your last comment stating plus this is a cd not dvd. Do you mean that your swap magic is a cd. Because if it is than it will only boot PS2 cd games but when you buy swap you get both the cd and dvd version. The dvd disc for PS2 dvd's and the cd disc for PS2 cd's. I just copied all my games with a crappy burner that won't even read cd's anymore on to DVD's the brand is Benq so they aren't that great I burned them at whatever speed just to see how finiky this really is and not one game messed up I have
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Star Ocean
    Extermination
    Final Fantasy 12
    Front Mission 4
    Wild Arms 4
    Final Fantasy 10
    Not one coaster. Shitty burner. Crappy media. At all different speeds. They all work great. However I used Nero burning rom 7 to copy from the originals it's fast and one hell of a great program.