1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the ULTIMATE dvd shrink problem!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CLuu09, Dec 30, 2007.

1. CLuu09

CLuu09 Member

Hey guys, I recently rebooted my computer and installed Nero 8 to back up some of my DVDS. I used Main Movie on DVD shrink and everything went crystal clear. However, when I try to play the dvd on my DVD players the chapters are all screwed up and sometimes a message pops up saying 'No Playback on DVD'. I read the other thread on how Nero 8 won't work so I guess I will have to return to the previous Nero versions?

2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Yeah, Nero8 is problematic. Uninstall, run Ccleaner, (to remove registry files) and roll with Nero7.

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Nero 8 has it's problems, but you don't need it to burn your video files to DVD with. You can use Shrink for the ripping/transcoding process, having Shrink save the video files to a location on your PC (save as an ISO image file or use the hard disk folder option from the pull down menu). The burning process can be performed by Imgburn (it's free), it will burn your ISO image files to DVD or if you have files such as .bup, .ifo, and .vob, you can use the build mode to create an ISO image file that it will burn to DVD.

Imgburn
    http://www.imgburn.com/