1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Question !

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DigitalSk, Apr 10, 2005.

1. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Good Day,

I hope to give answers to some people including me with this one...

I'll describe first. I'm the type of guy who likes quality when I do backups. Menus are fun but not necessary. I put them if i'm not having too much compression. Special Features, yeah sure... well again if they are bloobers or interresting interviews, Yes. Previews of the movie I just saw & Deleted scenes quality worst than filming my tv thru a shaded glass with snow in it, No. I always have my movies in English & French with Subs for the above as well. Mainly, I want the Main movie the best quality that I can have. I have the following programs. Can someone, once & for all.. ;) tell me & all others like me out there... What would be the best combinaison to use ?

I have the following:

DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    AnyDvd
    Clone DVD
    Nero 6. ???
    Nero Recode 2

PS: Please do not reply by saying # I have never had any problem with which & which proggys #
    I would like a reply by someone who's done it all !! ;)

Thank you... Thanks You Very Much

Regards,
    DS

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey DigitalSk,

I hate to be rude, but this has been debated time and time and time again. It's great that you prefer quality over anything else. But if you do a search you will see that MANY users use different things.

There is no ONE PERFECT WAY TO BACKUP. None. Sorry, but it is just that easy. I use AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter, where someone else might use CloneDVD2 and something else.

Seriously though, why don't you try out things for yourself and then let us know what you prefer. Because what is to say that you get a majority of answers and THEY don't work for you?

I figured I would answer your question first, before you get a rude response or something.

Hope this helps!

;)

BTW...I know you were trying to make your post stand out, but it isn't the "Ultimate Question" it is actually "The Most Repeatitive Question."

If you want some advice, give them a try yourself, because when you do that, then you will be able to decide what is the BEST for YOU.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  3. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Good Day,

sorry if my thread sounded rude, But I'm Franch & sometime translating does not come up tight, lol. Thanks for reply.

Salut,
    Ds

4. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

...me again.

Do you have a link where I could read on one of those good thread on the matter.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have to agree with venom on this one (Hi there Venom, BTW!). You have a fair collection of software in your arsenal! What have you tried to get your results with? Most here settle to their own little routine with the software they feel works best for them. Using other bits to overcome problems as they appear.
    Media is an important part of burning. Good media means top results. Ritek, verbatim etc.... I am using Traxdata to great effect. I only use +RW media. I cannot remember the last coaster I made. A good burner is essential, as is a ROM to rip the films with. The list goes on. You will not go far wrong with what you have.
    I like to experiment on occasion, when I get a tricky one to back up. I use x-copy platinum with AnyDvd, with pleasing results. Lots here like shrink with nero or decrypter to great effect! Each to his own. Many like clone dvd. the choice is yours!
    I would advise for you not to say who you want & not want to reply. Some here will take offence & not bother to help. Not only that, other people like to read the info too. It's not just about the original post.

There are many threads on this subject, perhaps if you have a look through you will probably find lots of good advice.

Pulsar

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

No way...your thread didn't sound rude at all. As a matter of fact, it was very well put together.

These should get you going:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/180066
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/178273
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/177181
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/175231
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/170816
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/174161
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/168488

For Downloading movies:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/178378

Also, if you go here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/

And then for each program you type in, add the words:

Problems or the word error.

Example:

DVD Decrypter, errors
    DVD Decrypter, problems

You will be surprised at the results. Also, do the same thing in google, that will also generate more.

Hope this helps you on your way to getting the desired outcome you are looking for!

;)

BTW...Hey pulsar! How's it hanging bud?

;p

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Ah vous etes francais! Je comprend votre probleme! Quelquechose c'est difficile quand tu voudrais parler un autre langue. Je parle un peu, mais Je pense c'est pas bon! J'aime le sud de France. Je suis tres desolee si mon Francais est mal. Je suis un facteur, et J'habite en Angleterre, J'ai un petit apartment - c'est formidable!
    J'espere tu aime notre Afterdawn, Je pense c'est tres bon!

Au revoir, mon amie.

Pulsar

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Venom, hanging loose dude, you?

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Doing pretty good...just making my way around the forums as usual!

;)

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Moi aussi!

11. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Merci, Beaucoup de lecture m'attends !!

Thanks for the link guys!

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

C'est vrai, il y a beaucoup!

pulsar

13. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi Pulsar,

You speak french ?

Mais c'est merveilleux !

I will type in english because I assume english is the rule in these forums so everyone can read.

I am also French Canadian from Quebec, Canada.
    We should open a new forum called "The French Connection" and people would able to ask their questions in french !

My 2 cents worth...

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I speak enough to get me by on holiday. I love the south of France & have been twice on motorcycles. I think it is an insult to the locals if you do not make the effort. When I went to germany (biking, naturally) 3 years ago, I tried my best, it was enough to get us rooms to stay & food to eat!

I have found that people are much friendlier towards you. whilst in Monaco buying a souvenir, the shopkeeper knew I was not French, but did not know where I was from. I love the accent, & try to sound as french as possible. I can confuse English holiday makers very easily! I buy the local paper, & with my dictionary for difficult verbs, I can understand the news. I take a lot of pride in my French accent!

Answering questions? Nope, far too difficult for my limited knowledge!!

Pulsar

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  15. Andoru

Andoru Member

ur style
    however you choose
    the programs will do the rest.

16. pulsar

pulsar Active member

17. movies27

movies27 Regular member

digital there is no perfect program i've tried them all & you will find that your so called perfect program wont copy some movies ....but the best combination has to be Nero & shrink.....Intervideo dvd copy is 2nd.

18. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I've grown quite fond of CCE and DVD Rebuilder lately. Here's a link to the guide (Thank you Vurbal!) with links to the needed software:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm

If you try the trial, get the trial for CCE SP. This combo takes a little bit longer than other apps, but well worth it for the quality.

19. steve7777

steve7777 Member

Seeing as I wish to best accomodate the original poster, this post will be in french. As per: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487 there seems to be no objectioins, but if it's a problem this post can be deleted.

[bold]@Digital SK: J'ai utilisé tout les programmes mentionnés dans votre message original et la combinaison que je préfère c'est "AnyDVD" avec "Nero Recode 2". Je sais pas si t'as eu l'occasion d'explorer ces programmes, mais Nero est très simple à utiliser et la qualité est excellente. À ce jour j'ai fait une vingtaine de copies (car moi aussi je n'ai commencé à apprendre que récamment)et la fonction "copy movie only" permet d'isoler le film seulement, pour que tu puisse à la suite chosir la langue dans laquelle(s) tu veux visionner le film. Sur mon laptop, une copie prends environ 1h. Assure toi de cocher "Advanced Analysis" et "High Quality mode" lorsqu'il viendra le temps de brûler le DVD.

En souhaitant que ceci réponds bien à ta question,

steve7777

PS. Je sait qu'il existe une façon pour encore mieux préserver la qualité, mais celle-ci est très compliqué et je peux dire franchement que les différences entre le DVD original et la copie faite avec Nero est minime. J'aime beaucoup le cinéma maison, et d'ailleurs j'ai un projecteur Screenplay 7205 et un DVD Denon 2910 que j'utilise pour visionner les copies. Les différences sont seulement LÉGÉREMENT apparents lorsque le film dure plus que 2h45. Finalement, si tu veux vraiment faire une copie parfaite, utiliser des disc à deux couches (Dual Layer), car celles ci permettent une copie 1:1 du film original. Elles sont dispendieses, mais un bon endroit pour t'en procurer est www.blankmedia.ca.