1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walmart Trick? - continued

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brad1102, Jan 25, 2004.

1. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Anyways - my instructions were deleted and I will not bother to give them out again - as I will certainly get banned over it.

I guess what I wanted to say was that I do not condone or recomend doing a Walmart swap like discussed earlier - just sharing what I have heard; which is what this forum is all about.

By the way, I want to share my opinion on something.

[bold]IF[/bold] someone decided to do the Walmart swap as we discussed, it wouldn't be Walmart getting ripped off, it would be Sony - which is why I do not hesitate to share what I have heard on the topic.

Firstly, when a defective PS2 is returned, it gets sent back to Sony, and the retailer suffers no loss whatsoever.

Secondly, Sony gets zero sympathy from me over this issue because:

1. Sony's pathetic 30-day warrenty
    2. The price decrease on the PS2 since it came out. It first came out at over $500 and gradually dropped to under $200 - a price at which they are still making a killing.
    3. Sony uses the cheapest laser optics they can find on the market - made by Sanyo. They could use laser optics they manufacture themselves (like the DVD player - Sony - that I've had for over 6 years without a problem.) But no - they use the cheapest they can find.

Sony is a massive multinational electronics manufacturing monopoly.

So fellow modders, mod your Playstation 2's, 'backup' your games, and if you screw up your install and need a new PS2, do what you need to.

Cheers!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]AMD Athlon 1800+
    Sony DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW
    Verbatim Data-Life Plus
    Windows XP Pro
    Sony Playstation 2 V.7
    Magic V50K[/bold]
    [​IMG][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2004
  2. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

We understand this advice, but the last "Walmart trick" topic was closed for a reason. I know you're trying to prevent people from doing this "trick", but at the same time it's giving them ideas. Please cease posting this topics. Thanks.