1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wii, Wireless Connections Without a routher?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jpblue, Feb 16, 2007.

1. jpblue

jpblue Member

Hey
    I know that this has more than likley been corverd in detail before on this forum but please bare with me for a minute. I don't use a router i have a simple peer to peer set up with a switch connecting the wired and w/less lans together. The wireless is rarley used except for psps or in the garden in summer. All my networking gear is 3com and the access point is an old 3com 802.11b which still after all these yrs does a great job. I live in a ruarl area so i have no mac filtering or encryption enabled on th AP and still can't after a good bit of trying get the wii to connect/go online. The console is set up ok im pretty sure of that, its actualy much the same as setting up the psp, also when i have entered all the required settings and i hit connect on the console i can for the duration of it trying to connect ping the console with the ip address i've given it from a dos window so its on the network but just not connecting. It is at this stage makeing me feel very stupid as i can't for the life of me figure it out. I've also turned of my firewall antivirus when trying this but still noting. Sorry for the long post...

2. ninjanick

ninjanick Regular member

i think your best bet is to buy a wi-fi conection