1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the windvd creator won't burn

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by seaher, Feb 24, 2007.

1. seaher

seaher Member

Hi, i'm new here and I was wondering if someone can help me fix my problem. actually, this is the first time that has happened. I tried to burn some videos onto a dvd and everything goes fine except when it comes to the finalize. It would stop at the middle, and all the check marks would come out, but it won't burn the videos onto the dvd. Please help me. thank you.

2. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

How fast is the burn speed at which you burn the files? It could be that the speed you are burning at is causing some errors on the disc.

3. seaher

seaher Member

Well, I usually just use optimal as my burning speed.

4. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

A recommendation from me and I assume many others is to burn at the slowest possible speed. This helps in preventing many of the errors that occur when burning at full speed.

5. seaher

seaher Member

i've tried burning the dvd at 2.4x but still it won't burn the video onto dvd but instead ejects the dvd out.

6. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

OK, 1 of 3 things could be happening here.

1) You're trying to put data on a 8.5GB DL DVD disc, but you are using a 4.37GB Single Layered disc instead. Check which one you are trying to burn with.

2) Your DVD burner doesn't support that disc, or it doesn't support Dual Layer burning, so try another one.

3) Your drive just doesn't support that disc for one reason or another. I had the same problem the other day where I tried to use a disc on my laptop burner, but it wouldn't burn, but the day before I burned using the same type of disc, so I used the one in my desktop and it worked.

Try doing these steps in any order you want; try using new media, use another burner, or use another software burner.

7. seaher

seaher Member

I usually use Windvd creator. But when it didn't work, I switched to Nero 6 but it still didn't work either.

8. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Then there's a good chance that the other two probabilities are present. Try another DVD burner or another type of media.

9. seaher

seaher Member

I've tried burning a different type of media but the same problem still occurs when it comes to burning onto the disc.

10. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Then you should try your last option: Try another DVD burner. If you don't have one I suggest going to someone who does, buying a new one, or try it at school if they got one.