1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Xbox360 Elite Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Mexicanto, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Mexicanto

Mexicanto Guest

Well i was looking at the 360 Elite and im like
    THIS THING IS BAD @SS! since i dun have a 360 yet im saving my money for it now this thread is here to stop the complaining of people who are having problems upgrading to the elite(not to much upgrady but is awesome to me)So heres the rules
    (Also please stick if need be =D)

1. no flaming
    2.no flaming the 360(Sow your love for the love box)
    3.Whatever

now most people says its not coming out BUT It IS its almost official because many reliable magazines have already started saying how great it is now im 100% confident in MS (or so =\) And heres some of the problems ive seen over the weeks

Need a way to get your old hardrive crap on your NEw hardrive? after (ALOT) of Google ive found this!

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=403
    this transfers your things from your 20gb hardrive onto your pc THEN you can transfer it back to your 120gb hard drive! stores your game demos game saves and all that

Well since its still growing please ask any other questions and i will do some Google work

Only reason i made this was to keep these topics to a minimum before it happens!!!!11111oneoneone

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ummm, we dont even know if its happening yet, so again, this may not be the best time to start a thread for something that we have had too many threads on already...

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Those have been around for ever. IF you walk into any store like Best Buy you will see those on the selfs.

4. Mexicanto

Mexicanto Guest

true but everyone knows its gonna happene ive seen flyer's in game shops ive seen magazines and most people have pictures its ahs a VERY high chance and if not...well lets just say Microsoft will have an accident...a very very hot accident...

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ok, thats like saying for example lets talk about the us's strategy for bombing iran with a nuke, because we think its going to happen, nope, wait for it to happen, there are tons of threads on this already, we dont need another one.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I was talking about the XSATA, I am surprised it took "alot" of googleing to find it. What is your point in this thread anyways?

7. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

He's just trying to start a 1 topic discussion thread, so people can share their thoughts here. I don't see why there is any reason to bash him.

8. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Guys dont be so mean to him and putting him down obviously he is excited and he was just sharing, not every1 knows about the XSATA
    so maybe some ppl will find this useful. Even if the 360 with 120GB HDD is not gonan happen maybe some will use this to transfer music and pictures homemade videos ect.. to their 360 HDD. I know if im going to my friends house i take my HDD and soem of my games that way we can continue on the games we were co-op ing on. True there are other threads about the 120GB 360, but arent there also alot of other threads that are all saying pretty much the same thing also? "how do i back-up my 360 game" "how do i flash my 360" "how do I donwgrade my psp" etc.. haha i have had my psp much longer then my 360 so thats why i threw in the psp one. Anywayz its nice to hear that there are flyers and all this and that in the magazines it makes me excited. and my brother he is saving some money to get a 360. Since i havee one now, its not a big priority to him but if this comes out any time in this year he may have to get one.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

according to some top Magazines in the industry, not only is the new Black 360 with 120GB HDD and HDMI happening, but it is happening in April 07.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/homepage-news/4382-479-black-120gb-360-coming-next-month.html
    But of course like everything else Microsoft is not saying anything about it. So it may happen and it may not. Personally i already have what i need, and until you can store & play games on it a 120GB hard drive is useless to me. I like the black color but with so many cool case replacement kits on the market i do not need that either. And since i am running my 360 through VGA now, the HDMI would only give me minor improvements in picture quality.

So in closing i could really care less if it happens or not, just bring out some cool games soon instead. good game releases is what the 360 REALLY needs right now.

10. Mexicanto

Mexicanto Guest

well since MS is keeping a lid on things i could be all eager waiting for it to come out and when there on tv im clenching my fists and all i hear is APRIL FOOLS im setting Ms on fire...
    im getting a new HDTV is why i want the elite...is there gonna be a premium with everything the elite has?

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Anyone got any links which show the difference between hdmi and vga? I'm using the vga cable now on my LG 42px4d plasma and I must say there's a big difference between that and the component cable. But would there be going from the vga to hdmi?

The hdmi (if it were alot better than vga), a quieter drive, and the cooler processor would be the only reason I'd upgrade.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  12. steimy

steimy Active member

well i found this on an electronics forum
    http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/5/150612.html
    pretty interesting reading. But the only way for me to tell would be to see it for myself. But i can tell you i have 2 DVD players, one is running through component cables and the other is HDMI with upconversion. I can really tell a difference with things like DivX, but as far as retail DVD's go i see very little difference at all. Could just me my eye's, LOL
    more intersting stuff
    http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/accessories/0,239035326,240004563,00.htm
    from what i can take from all that, VGA is an analog signal that is converted to digital with a graphics card. and HDMI is alll digital.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  13. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

from reading, the new elite (if made) will be the premium package, but coming in at 479 bucks its going to be hard for them to get the die hard fans of the 360 to switch back to them. we will have to see if the prices drop, and until they have some sort of homebrew where you can store games on the hard drive, 120 gigabytes is WAY too much, we dont need that much, maybe 60, but definitely not 120 or even 100 for that matter. MS may be screwing themselves when they do this, it could be opening the doors for hackers

14. steimy

steimy Active member

**steimy listens to the door creek as it opens and smiles wide**
    cheer on your favorite team....go hackers go!

15. Mexicanto

Mexicanto Guest

well at least the premium will get the elites cooler processer but what i wanna know is does it have a HDMI slot? if so that would be great cuz im getting a HDTV ready tv for the 360(really cheap getting it for a 70% discount)