1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Xecuter 2.2 PRO and Xbox v1.2

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by lost76, Aug 25, 2003.

1. lost76

lost76 Member

I bought Xecuter 2.2 Pro and installed that in my XBOX. When I turned that modchiop on, it showed FlashBIOS (Cromwell) and asked for CD with Updated BIOS. I wanted to flash the modchip thru my parallel cable (6ft, 25pin). I downloaded X2BM and several different bioses. When I tried to flash it (only one bios to whole 1MB at one time) it gave me an verification error. So I tried to read it and everything was empty. I tried this several times and I still get verification error. I even tried some dos version of flash and run it thru Command Prompt at WinXP, however nothing helps. So now, when I disable modchip, evrything works well, when I enable it with all the banks off I get XBOX - Xecuter 2 (I have to erase modchip first), when I turn on the banks, it twice boots up, and then it flashes green/red on eject button. I don't know what to do. Is it possible to flash bios thru ISO CD?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2003
  2. AdamJar

AdamJar Guest

your db25 parallel cable is far too long. idealy, you want it around 2'/0.6m.
    this should sort out your verification errors.

adam

3. Shand359

Shand359 Member

Some people have had luck using CD update. I on the otherhand have not. I installed my Xecutor2.2Pro yesterday and had the same problem with verification errors. Turns out even though it could verify the bios update actually took and the chip works perfectly. Not everything is running great.

P.S. Remember, disable modchip and put switches 1,2 and 3 to off and switch 4 to on to flash chip from PC using cable. My cable is 1.8m Long but eventually (6th time) the chip flashed OK with x2 for cromwell bios update.