1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theme breaks my psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sporry, Jul 18, 2007.

1. sporry

sporry Guest

I've tried severial times to install a nice theme of my psp. Followed many tutorials and programs to do it.
    It all ends up when I boot after the files have been replaced. It will result in nothing happens at the boot of the psp and my psp shuts down...

Has anyone experience with this issue or something like it?

2. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

its called semi-bricking and as long as you have a backup of flash0 and/or have recovery mode you'll be fine.

3. sporry

sporry Guest

Yes I can easily recover when I happens that is not the problem.
    The problem is that I would like to get a theme on my psp but because of the breakage I can't..

4. stevo86

stevo86 Guest

it might not be for your firmware try Topmenu Upgrader by nicinico and use the xmb plugin no chance of a brick with it if the theme dosnt work just go to recovery and dissable the plugin to get back to sony xmb and try again from there works for me on 3.40oe-a

5. sporry

sporry Guest

Where can I get this plugin from?
    I've searched on the website but can find much really...

6. stevo86

stevo86 Guest

qj.net

7. staxx

staxx Regular member

your semi-bricking because you dont have enough space on your flash0 to support the theme. Use this tutorial to clear up some space on your flash0... http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6797

Once you've done that you should be fine to flash your theme without any problems.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007