1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

theme brick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by aer0x, Jun 22, 2007.

1. aer0x

aer0x Member

i was trying to install a VINDOWS VISTA THEME ( http://dl.qj.net/Windows-Vista-PSP-Theme-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/10870/catid/151 ) with THEME MANAGER 0.2( http://dl.qj.net/Theme-Manager-v0.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13909/catid/151 ) and now psp does not show any icos or menus or anything! when i turn it on it boots the UMD and i can play the UMD but as soon as i exit UMD psp shuts down (not seeing any menus). Here is the question it i go bacck to 1.50 firmware using recovery console, would this restore psps orginal theme (sony theme)??? Or should i just enable flash0 or flash1 via recovery console and replace theme files with backup ones from there? Need answers fast! thank you

2. hax92

hax92 Member

that happened to me today but i couldnt find the original PSP files so i downgraded it back t o1.5 the upgraded again and then i took the files from my PSP and made a Backup folder in case it happened again so i suggest you do that

3. scrum

scrum Member

I'm not sure if people are just doing it wrong or what exactly happens, but I've seen quite a few of this type of post dealing with theme changing. It just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle. I'm sure there are many more people that have had no problem at all, so what's the deal here? Are people making mistakes or is the custom firmware really sensitive?

4. aer0x

aer0x Member

i could not understand what i was doing worng? Everything was like in the theme managers instructions. What programs are you huys using to flash ur themes?

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

wat firmware are u using?

6. aer0x

aer0x Member

3.40oe

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ok just fyi, i feel it is easier to place the files in my xmb manually. it is less complicated. just place all the files where it tells u, and poof, custom. to do the manual way, in recovery mode, advanced>toggle usb flash0, then put the .rco's and .bmp in vsh>resource, and put the font in font from the top folder.