1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theme Cycler

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bragaster, May 4, 2007.

1. bragaster

bragaster Member

Hi all, today i've installed the theme cycler, everything was just fine.... until i've changed the background..... when i turned on the psp... it just doesn't work :S (i'm using the 3.40 OE) there's only a black screen :S what seems to be the problem, and anybody knows how to fix it? :S thks in advance

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

change the month under theme to either original or january...

if still not working, then you have used too much f0 space...

3. bragaster

bragaster Member

the thing is i can't go into psp menu... as soon as i turn the psp all i get is a black screen :S

4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

then thats a semi-brick, run the recovery winstaller while your usb is connected to your com.

5. bragaster

bragaster Member

sry to be bothering.... but it's just i'm a noob... and don't know what to do... i just don't want to lose my psp :S

I just run that recovery winnistaller? and the what? thks in advance

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

no prob....

go to recovery: turn ur psp all the way off, then turn back on holding R trigger...

toggle usb to connect your psp to your computer & run the recovery winstaller.....after you run the winstaller, a new folder named "RECOVERY" will show up in the GAME folder....

next all you have to do, is "Run recovery @ psp/game/recovery/"

and ur psp will be back at 1.50......what you do after that is up to you...

7. bragaster

bragaster Member

oh no! did that.... but nothing!!! :S god damn.... it's bricked right? even after the i did it :S

8. Blahs

Blahs Member

you need to get into the recovery menu in order to do that. since you have 3.40 oe, you should have no problem.

just restart your psp from scratch (cold boot, not just wake up from sleep mode) while your holding R1.
    then choose the option to enable your USB connection and run the recovery winstaller found here, where it will install the recovery files to psp/game. then exit the USB connection and select the option to "run eboot at psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp".

it should place you back in FW 1.5, where you can upgrade to your choice of custom FW again(if you have those files, of course :)

9. bragaster

bragaster Member

just one question is it meant to be something in the Game150 folder? because i've done so many times that.... but always ends in the same black screen and everything frozen :S