1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Themes

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mfrink, Mar 14, 2007.

1. mfrink

mfrink Regular member

Is there a decent tutorial for Themes? Id love to make my PSP look cool, but if it's a real pain in the butt, then I'll pass. Mainly just wanna do Icons or something, or use previously made themes. Thanks guys.

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

try searching this forum put in xmb waves or xmb icons or gameboot or opening_plugin into the search...also google for z33 wavepack. everything is fairly simple to do, especially with all the tutorials around. But with anything that touches your flash, theres a possibility of a semi-brick or full-brick. Once you find what your looking for pm me if you have any questions on what to do. Usually i would provide a link but i've gotten lazy today.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I will give you a mini tutorial i guess.

So you want to have a custom XMB theme?

First you should do this.

1. Turn on your PSP and go into recovery mode. And put it in USB mode for FLASH0

2. Now open the folder "vsh" and copy the resource folder, onto your desktop. You do this because in the case of semi-brick, your going to need BACKUPS.

3. Since every custom theme comes with files the same name as your orignal PSP ones, you simply just overwrite the files to change the XMB theme. In some cases it will say the the DISK is full, and well whatever you just tried to overwrite will be deleted. THIS IS WHY YOU NEED A BACKUP. So if you don't replace the file, you turn on your system and it will freeze. Put the backup of that file in, and you will unbrick.

It's hard to explain i guess, but bottemline, always have a BACKUP of your resource files.

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

that way only works with version 3.03 oe-c and above keep in mind...anything lower than that and he'll have to use pspfiler

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

It works with any of the OE firmwares, well 3.10 OE semi-bricks if you had custom icons, AKA topmenu_plugic.rco.

He can use PSPset, X-Flash, or PSP filer.

PSPset and X-flash are great for 1.5.

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

i was talking about accessing the toggle usb flash0 through recovery(that was first implicated on oe-c, so it'll only work on oe-c and above)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  7. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Oh okay. I went right to 3.03 OE-C so i don't know what was on OE-A, and OE-B.

8. staxx

staxx Regular member

Its understandable lolol i just remember getting frustrated when everyone was telling me you can access it on oe-b and i never saw it anywhere (mainly cause i was new and didnt know too much)

9. mfrink

mfrink Regular member

yeah.....I think I'm going to pass on this whole theme thing. Seems a lil to risky to be worth it. I was hoping there was something automatic. Thanks anyway guys!

10. staxx

staxx Regular member

Its really not that risky. Anyways if sometime down the line you decide to give it a shot just pm me with your questions and i'll give you a hand.

11. mfrink

mfrink Regular member

thanks staxx, i'll def take you up on that sometime.

12. XboxIsDaB

XboxIsDaB Member

Is it possible if you happened to delete all your flash files but you had a back up of the folder to reboot and fix ? just incase like it heppen to mess up just saying it could happen not that the chances are it will . thanks