1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

themes

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sparks135, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sparks135

sparks135 Member

OMG everyone. y do you go with that 1.5 crap? this is the present we got 37.1 now so shut it up with that cuostom firmware cause playstation.com released cuostom themes ( click the link to get it) and now you can enjoy themes that alter your backround and the icons. go to psp-themes.net to get the themes.

instuctions:
    1. go to psp
    2. create a folder called THEME
    3. download the file you selected on psp-themes
    4. click save and save it to THEMES on the psp
    5. theme settings on your psp
    6. select the theme
    7.enjoy!

2. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Wow guys you hear that?! FW 37.1 is Out!

Sparks, please don't tell anyone here to shut up. People with PSPs have many various reasons for not upgrading to the same firmware. Some like 3.52 because it works for them and don't see the need to upgrade while others upgrade to the new 3.71 for their reasons. Installing themes on 3.52 is a different process than 3.71 and is slightly more difficult and hazardous because of the possibility to brick the handheld, so if asking question makes them more comfortable before installing themes then so be it.

3. sparks135

sparks135 Member

weeeeeeeeeeeeeell sorry. i like being up to date and this is comming from the playstation site. they wouldn't design somthing that may have a chance of bricking and ya i do have to stop saying shut up to people. also i'm sick of people making programs and mods that i'll need to downgrade for i'm relly, relly afaid of bricking, people might make these programs to hack the prosesser and its bricked who knows so i'm real sorry for that. and anyways i'm asking to please make mods that will work for any version, thank you.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i can care less about themes. all i care about is battery life, and game lag. and only those can be handled on custom firmware. also, 3.71 m33 can use the easy way to get themes. official firmware is too restrictive.

you can brick anytime, even with official firmware. anything involving the firmware can lead to a brick. there's precautions that have to be taken.

i bet the TC is gonna ask how to downgrade 3.71 later on.

5. sparks135

sparks135 Member

ya i can agree with that but i still like to mod it

6. sparks135

sparks135 Member

small reason y i am afraid of bricking, i do not know how the hell to do the pandora's battery. i looked on wikipedia and it looked to complicated especily with my budget. and last time i tryed doing somthing like upgrading to cuostom firmware i had 50 downloads on my DT.

7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i can still change themes, if i want to, BUT i can play games off the memory stick. that conserves more battery life, and reduces game lag.

pandora's battery is in everybody's budget. you don't even need to get anything else. only thing is that you need to have a custom firmware psp to make it.

8. sparks135

sparks135 Member

sorry when i ment budget, i ment that i have a packed schedule and "ressurecting" my psp would suck up my time

9. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

What? Obviously you NEVER seen a video of how long it takes to unbrick/downgrade. Pandora takes minutes to do, your not gonna waste half your day on this, trust me.

10. sparks135

sparks135 Member

ya, on youtube. its just that i went on wikipedia and searched pandora's battery the page almost froze my PC

p.s. will i need a spare battery? lol

11. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

No, but its a good idea if you happen to brick your psp since you have a pandora batt and a regular batt.

12. sparks135

sparks135 Member

so uh anyone else have anything to say?

13. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

yeah. uh...dont try to build pandora on windows vista as it will not work