1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theological Question of sort

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Acme8790, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

I was the victim of cheap media. I thought it was a steal to buy 100 DVD-R’s for $28, but I was the one who was stolen from. Now I do have a question about a flaw that I noticed in my cheap media. I will be honest, every Disk that I backed up so far has been great and plays great and have not had a single coaster. So how am I a victim you may wonder? Every single disk has pin holes in them. At least 5-10 pinholes per disk, even the ones that copied great. This surprised me because if the disk has pin holes in it, how come it plays back fine, with no ships, no nothing. It’s just like the original. I know I risk the future possibility of losing this data because of these pinholes and die spread problem, but how come the disk still plays fine even with these pinholes. I do not burn all the way to the edge of the disk but you can see that I burnt over the pinholes. Take it from me, I will never buy cheap media again, but I am just curious of why the pinholes don’t effect the playback of the disk.

Thank you in advance for answering.

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

Nothing theological to this question really.... the reason there are no playback problems is because the pinholes are caused by using cheap dye and a cheap media surface, the only thing that will happen is that in a few weeks or so they wont function at all.

Remeber that cheap media and qualtiy media at a bargain are two different things.

3. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

With all do respect sir, I know this already. I already stated in my post that the info would be lost. My question is why is it working now even though it has the pin holes. Does it burn around the pin holes???? Why dont the pin holes effect the playback now???? I am not concerned about a few weeks from now....but wondering why it works today even though it has the pinholes