1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theory on burning GC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by SuperTed, Sep 21, 2004.

1. indienemo

indienemo Guest

hmmmm, i dont think getting all that stuff would work out any cheaper than the chip...so it seems kind of pointless...

2. Bizquick

Bizquick Member

That doesn't work they found that the max hole they could exploite from that method was 2megs. so the game would have to be smaller than 2 megs on the disc you were trying to use. You need a chip to by pass the lid sensors its another way around the protection. the lid sensors are in place to help protect the Cube from being exploited too far.

3. ouriço

ouriço Member

hi guys!
    this one is for bizquick but if anyone of you could is also good. i want to know if that firmware that bizquick have for the dvd-rom works in any dvd-rom besides the nec one. can anyone send me that firmware to try it?
    thank you very much.

4. nickblaze

nickblaze Member

Hello all i am a previous nintendo worker i would like to say that all ure rumors off burning it backwords or anything else is just a rumor the truth is you either need a hardware degree and manually edit the gamecube chipset or get ureself a nr-writer and nr discs witch are almost impossible to get unless you are a licensed developer for nintendo anyway i just wanted to help you guys from wating your time trying to hack nintendo gamecube unless you are lucky enough to get your hands on a development kit and also the xbox and ps3 are going to be using the same concept but with bigger storage than the current 1.2 gig nr-discs

5. KaitouAce

KaitouAce Member

well, you obviously weren't a high or even mid-level nintendo worker because you don't know how to use periods, nor can you identify run-on sentences. and don't try to tell me you are japanese. having lived in japan, i know those kids can have errors, but at least they use periods.

please also notice, mr. nintendo worker, that by reading these forums you must recognize you are wrong and that a chip has been around for about two months that does such to a degree.

i bet at absolute best, when you say you were a nintendo "worker" you were a field rep. now please read any of the forums that have the word "Viper" in them before you post again.

welcome to the scene. :)

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

OOOHHHHH..IN YOUR FACE -nickblaze-!!!!!!!!

7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

8. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Well, we're all quakin' in our booties over the protection implemented in the next gen Xbox and PS3. Firstly, if the protection is going to be similar to that on the GC, people have (finally) worked out how to break it. And secondly (and probably more importantly), the Xbox and PS scenes are much, much, MUCH larger and more motivated then the GC scene, so would only be a matter of weeks/months before they are completely and utterly broken, with chips competing to ship.

9. indienemo

indienemo Guest

haha, lets flame this loser so hot youd think his ass is on fire!!

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

check out his sig.. "Previous Nintendo Worker" what was he...a janitor or coffee maker?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  11. indienemo

indienemo Guest

He was the little kid who used to change the paper in the photocopier and had aspirations of one day becoming a boss himself.

12. nickblaze

nickblaze Member

Hello,
    Sorry for that message.
    I was in a rush. I am a Canadian.
    I used to work for Nintendo during the
    Gamecube Development Process. Everything
    I said is true.

Sincerely,
    Nick Blaze

13. Artlover

Artlover Member

Key words being "USED TO" I think.

Ever hear the old saying; "tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Anywho, everything you said is NOT true. Sorry you don't want to accept that. Like it was suggested to you before, search these fourms and other places for "Viper GC". I strongly suggest you do so before you continue to post anymore on the subject, unless you want to "remove all doubt". <rolls eyes>

14. coldasice

coldasice Guest

OHHHHH!!!! Just got dissed AGAIN; this time by Artwork! Lol!

Really, nickblaze is a RIOT! If there is one word I'd never call ANYONE who works or *used to work* in a gaming industry, the word would be *stupid*. Nickblaze is CLEARLY stupid. If he had worked for Nintendo he'd know ALL about the PSO exploit as well as the Viper modchip. EVERY company HAS to know what they're going against both under and over the business *table*. You think $ony or Micro$oft doesn't know about the $hit loads of modchips being shipped every day to people who are pirating their games? You think they just sit in their offices, dumbfounded, thinking how the hell the average joe can just copy their games and play them? Of course they don't! They already know what's going on and how it happens or else why would bother putting new kinds of protections on their discs; the same kind of protection to cover up the exploits left on their previous games/consoles? Those 2 companies are not stupid and neither is Nintendo! Nintendo knows, and in this case, Nickblaze SHOULD have known.

What I think? Nickblaze is a 12 y.o. getting Cs and Ds on his report card and just came to this forum to shed his anger! :p No, for real.......*imposter wanting attention* comes to mind.

15. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

well said coldasice :)

16. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Sounds like someone has some major anger issues. You've got to learn to accept people. Obviously once youve learned to accept little boys who come to forums to lie and insenuate their lives, you might also learn to accept black people maybe even the diasabled.

17. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That's not necessarily true that he would have to know about the PSO exploit. There are quite a few departments of the Nintendo company you know. If he had like a sales representative job then more than likely he wouldn't know.

18. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Quadradic, this can be true. I am sure nintendo has informed *most* of its staff about the PSO exploit and now the Viper GC.

19. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Ok.......Psyduck has put confusion on me. Ive read through most threads and ive prolly missed it being half awake, answer this and answer me no more. The images created by the PSO hack, can they be burned or converted in anyway? Because everyone keeps saying that theyll just download them instead, instead of what??? That is all i ask thanking you in advance.

20. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Got my viper chip installed and flashed... Now all I need to do is buy some mini DVD-r's....Do all brands work with the chip?? I have 5 choices either "memorex, budget, bulkpaq, datasafe or optodisc".... thanks in advance.