1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There May Be Trouble Ahead.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Kiaora, Jun 3, 2011.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

question makes no sense. epg is epg and is unrelated to cam. only issue with oscam is tracking users, and that is just sorted in that last 30 minutes with the latest vix image for the vu+

2. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

there are romours on other forums sly will be closing card sharing soon, and if that is the case, and some of you experienced guys mentioned OSCAM above, then how does OSCAM work? will it work on a blade box and what other box it will work on?

cheeers in advance.

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

what rumours. oscam works on any linux platform

4. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

i meant romours on cccam/newcamd being closed by sly in future, so thats why i was asking if oscam woud work on a box like blade? or is it linux based only? which other boxes would oscam work on? preferably a non linux box

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

news to me. oscam does not work on any non linux system as far as i know. blade and openbox are all based on closed systems with support for cccam (at the moment) but in reality they have a limited future. sadly linux is where it is at

6. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

fintanni, im just trying to look ahead i suppose, IF cccam/newcamd all goes down, which box would you recommend that is compatible with oscam, that is good quality, easy to use, which is the top box that is linux/oscam based?

and considering blade currently supports both CCCAM & NEWCAMD, what are the chances of using oscam on the blade? cos i had that box for over 6 months now and its just too good a box, its a shame its not open source.

and thanks for helpful info already provided above...cheers.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  7. e45

e45 Regular member

I did tell you all the blade was not open sourced and to get dreambox as open sourced.

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

i have a feeling that the next measures taken will nullify the use of any and all of these cams. i suggest you play a wait and see policy. there is no point in investing until there is some understanding of the state of play

9. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

thanxs fellas