1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THEY BANNED ME FOR AN HOUR!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by doobiesSS, Sep 13, 2004.

1. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

i played socom 2 online with a burnt copy for quite a while last night.i tried to play again today and it said that i was using a cheating device? and that i will be banned if i tried to use it again.i tried again and the same message with youve been banned for an hour popped up.im usin SOCOM 2 w/ SPLINTER CELL 2 ID.i own the original socom 2 but i want to play it online with the other sony in the house.im getting online and pass the dnas but as soon as i try to pick a game i got the message. anyone know?

2. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

update tried it once more with same set up SOCOM2 WITH SPLINTER CELL ID AND NOW IM BANNED FOR THREE HOURS.ITS ONLY THE ID GETTING BANNED THOUGH.

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well lucky you

i cant even get my backups to play online

haha

i give up trying now

i used the patch thing, and i always jsut make coasters that play the single player, but not the online version

so i give up backing up online games

for online games im jsut gonna use the original, even if it does get scratched to buggery

-x-x-x-

4. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

use a ID from a newer game

5. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

really?

i used an id from my network acess disk

XII is prolly the newest online game i own

so far i have:-

medal of honour rising sun

tony hawkes 4

need for speed underground

XII

twisted metal black online

which of these is the newest and which has been tested and works?

-x-x-x-

6. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

tony hawk 4 ID doesnt work with burnout 3 online.
    i can get online with any back ups if i use the patch.
    until last night i could get online using a back up and an id from another game

7. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

im pretty new to this so i mightn ot be the best of help

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the best thing is to use the id from the original you burned from.

9. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

ok....

i want to play socom2 online with 2 sonys and only original socom 2 game.using 2 of the same ID at once might be a bad idea i would think.

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, i guess that wouldn't work. you could rent socom and get the id off that.

11. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

and if someone who rents it goes online i have a chance of being banned which brings me back to where i began.

12. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

to be honest, i think they MUST give you some kind of lea-way

cos for every time there are more than one person using the same id, they cant jsut BAN them all

becuase one of them might very well have the ORIGINAL disc

for example, soem bastard rents a game from blockbuster, copies and patches the id from it, goes online.......

next person who rents goes on line at the same time and gets banned as well?

or another situation.......

someone buys the game, makes a copy, patches it with the id, takes it bakc to the store for a refund, or trades it in

the next person comes along, buys it

goes online at the same time, they get banned for using an original game which they paid for?!?!?!?

see what i mean?

-x-x-x-

13. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

yeah but who actually rents games and plays them online?

You have to be a pretty serious gamer to have the whole network setup - so the odds of it happening are zilch.

14. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

I dont think it really about the guy who rents it and plays it online..it is all the people who rent and get a id from it....I would never think that you are the only that tried to get a code from a rented game.

15. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

serious gamers do rent soemtimes too you know

say i wanted to rent a game to see how it was

i went to play it online, and got ym system banned, jsut cos some bumhole stole the id and is palying their illegal copy at the same time

how is this fair?

-x-x-x-

16. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

I dont know about Brad1102, but i know that i have rented games before to try them out and of course at some point went online.. I know i would be pretty pissed if i got banned because someone copied the id and was using it.

17. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

if they know ids are being patched then they can probally tell a real copy from a burned & patched

18. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I got the same thing. I just logged onto Socom 2 with my burned copy and it said I was using a cheat device 5 times and it banned me for an hour. I don't even have a gameshark, or cheat in Socom. Maybe they know its a burnt game. I'm gonna try it later, or I'm gonna have to get a new disc id. I hope its not that.

19. defacdc

defacdc Member

I have the same problem. i was all working fine but now everytime i log on its the same problem. I think they can detect your modchip. I cant even play with my original copy...

20. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

If you get banned why don't you try the machine id changer i use that thing when i got banned and it works i have if you want i can send it to you